Hylas 49 SEYCHELLES
|Designer:||Sparkman & Stephens|
|Builder:||Queen Long Marine|
SEYCHELLES is a true performance world-cruiser, a boat with a tremendous design-heritage coming out of the well-regarded Queen Long boatyard in the late-90’s, and since extensively equipped and modified for extended passage making and living on the hook. She has been lovingly maintained by her previous and current owners, and shows near-bristol, with numerous upgrades over the last decade. Here’s your chance to own a fast and comfortable offshore sailing vessel with all systems proven and vetted so you can immediately enjoy your cruising dreams. In short, you could take SEYCHELLES on the Pacific Puddle Jump in good conscience, without having to do anything other than loading provisions.
- Center cockpit design, w/ dodger, bimini and full enclosure; sugar-scoop transom w/ teak steps and swim ladder.
- Full-width master stateroom aft, w/ centerline berth and en suite head/shower area.
- Passage forward to starboard, w/ galley outboard and sinks and engine access inboard.
- Companionway stairs on centerline, w/ engine access behind.
- Nav station to port, w/ large desk, well-protected and out of the way.
- Salon amidships, w/ straight settee/berth to starboard and large U-shape settee w/ dining table to port.
- Forward to starboard is the guest bathroom w/ separate shower stall.
- Forward to port is a dedicated workshop, w/ stainless steel workbench and numerous lockers for tools and spares.
- Forwardmost is a spacious guest stateroom, w/ large V-berth (w/ filler cushion), small settee and hanging locker.
- SEYCHELLES is unique with Rubatex closed-cell foam insulation installed post-factory, from the cabin sole up, full fore and aft.
- Webasto DBW hydronic heating system, w/ four-zone controls and an Everhot on-demand domestic hot water heater.
- Heating system integrated w/ the engine heat exchanger and Torrid 10-gallon AC domestic water heater (new 2019).
- CruiseAir Vector Turbo 16,000 BTU reverse-cycle A/C system for salon, workshop and forward stateroom, including SmartStart feature for more efficient start-up. Utilizes either shore power or inverted power w/ the auxiliary engine running.
- MarineAire 6,000 BTU reverse-cycle A/C system for master stateroom and bathroom will also run of the inverter and house battery bank for cool, quiet sleeping aft.
- A Soleus Air Dehumidifier plumbed to the bilge for use in cold/wet climate conditions.
- Splendide Comb-o-matic 5200 Washer/Dryer installed in the aft bathroom area.
- Spectra Ventura 150 watermaker provides up to 6.5 gallons of fresh water per hour underway or at anchor – will run easily off the solar panels.
- Teak veneered bulkhead and solid teak joinery and cabinets throughout, beautifully fitted and hand-finished. Teak and holly cabin sole throughout completely refinished 2014.
- All new cushion fabrics and foam replaced 2016, including a 6” custom latex mattress for the master stateroom berth (by Seattle Mattress).
- Numerous interior light fixtures are LED; numerous Caframo fans located strategically.
- Exhaust fans over galley stove and over the shower stall forward.
- Approximately (20) 2” super-quiet mini-fans installed strategically in lockers throughout the boat to effectively eliminate condensation, and keep storage spaces fresh and dry.
- Ship’s clock, barometer and hygrometer, plus an AcuRite electronic weather station.
- Broadwater deluxe stainless steel, gimballed LPG 4-burner stove/oven/broiler w/ guard rail; two large aluminum LPG tanks fitted in a sealed/vented deck locker.
- Mabe 750W microwave oven w/ carousel in galley cabinet – shore power or inverter operation.
- Magma Catalina stainless steel LPG BBQ on a custom stern rail swivel-mount, w/ a dedicated aluminum LPG tank (mounted nearby on stern pulpit).
- Glacier Bay Mark II 12V cold-plate refrigeration system serves (2) large ice boxes for refrigeration and freezing – front & top loading. Approx. 60AH/day required to cool both boxes in the tropics. (2) Glacier Bay remote control panels for each box.
- Large, stainless steel double sinks near the centerline, w/ on-demand hot/cold water, as well as Whale fresh and saltwater foot pumps (stow in cabin sole) and a soap dispenser.
- Seagull IV pure water filter w/ spigot at the galley sink.
- Numerous cabinets and storage lockers in the galley and nearby in the salon area for extended provisioning.
- 12V DC and 120V AC systems on board, w/ deluxe control panel at the nav station – AC and DC breakers w/ indicator lights; volt and amp gauges; generator controls and gauges; bilge pump controls and alarms; etc.
- Factory-installed generator controls and gauges also on the main panel, w/ wiring harness and thru-hull to under-cockpit compartment.
- House batteries are (4) 8D DEKA gelcells (new in 2015) totaling 950 amp hrs.
- House batteries are charged by a 140A DC alternator w/ Balmar MC-614 controller on the main engine; or a 200A DC alternator w/ Balmar MC-614 controller on the auxiliary engine; or shore power via the Magnum MS-2800 Inverter/Charger (has a remote control panel w/ battery monitor); or the (2) 275-watt solar panels w/ a Morningstar TriStar MPPT controller w/ digital meter.
- Dedicated 4D engine start battery (new in 2020) w/ a dedicated engine alternator for charging.
- 50A shore power connector aft; 30A shore power connector forward; 30A shore power cord w/ 50A adapters.
- Kubota Z-482 2-cylinder 11HP auxiliary engine w/ 200A DC alternator and provision for air intake using outside air.
- Auxiliary control panel for running lights and windlass controls in port cockpit coaming.
- Comprehensive set of B&G electronic equipment installed new in 2015.
- Cockpit: Zeus 2 12” touch-screen MFD on top of the companionway hatch coaming; (4) Triton multi display heads flush-mounted in the companionway dodger board for depth/speed, wind, AP/rudder angle display, course information (but each can be configured for any selected data).
- Standard Horizon GX2150 Matrix VHF marine radio w/ AIS mounted on the port cockpit coaming (there is also a docking station in the cockpit for a B&G H50 wireless handheld VHF radio).
- B&G Triton AC42 below-decks autopilot w/ B&G ram (new in 2016) w/ spare AP motor in ship stores for backup; control head in starboard cockpit coaming, plus Triton wireless remote, plus control at Zeus MFD.
- Ritchie SP5 compass w/ cover mounted on the helm pedestal.
- Nav station: Zeus 2 9” touch-screen MFD; (1) Triton multi display; B&G V50 VHF marine radio; B&G H50 handheld VHF radio w/ docking station; B&G Class B AIS transceiver unit provides data to both MFDs (mechanical switch available to turn off transmitter).
- B&G depth system also provides forward-looking sonar function.
- Icom IC-M802 SSB Marine Transceiver w/ a Pactor Pro Modem upgraded w/ a Pactor III license; Icom SP-24 remote speaker.
- Kenwood Excelon KDCX-X599 stereo system w/ (2) speakers each in the salon, master stateroom and cockpit, independently controlled; Sirius XM digital antenna for the stereo mounted on the arch.
- Samsung 32” LED Smart TV (12V power) in the salon port side on a swivel-mount is connected to the stereo system. New owner will have to add TV/video source (HDMI cables available).
- Main propulsion by a Yanmar 4JH2-HTE marine diesel engine, 75HP, with approximately 4,951 operating hours.
- Deluxe control panel in starboard coaming for ignition, gauges and alarms.
- Original dripless shaft seal replaced w/ a conventional stuffing box – easily accessed.
- (3) stainless steel fuel tanks totaling 219 gallons w/ electric gauges and dip sticks.
- Range under power over 1,000 nm at 7 knots w/boat fully loaded for cruising.
- Dual Racor fuel filtering system w/ electric fuel transfer pump.
- 2011: (3) stainless steel fuel tanks professionally cleaned.
- 2013: Turbocharger rebuilt.
- 2016: Shaft and coupling serviced by machine shop; cutlass bearings replaced; engine professionally aligned.
- 2017: Fresh water and raw water cooling systems cleaned and serviced; exhaust elbow replaced; motor mounts replaced; installed new Slipsteam 3B stainless steel folding propeller (a 21” 3-blade feathering MaxProp available as a spare).
- 2018: Injectors and turbocharger serviced.
- 2020: New packing for shaft stuffing box.
- Complete engine maintenance records onboard, along with full service manuals and extensive spare parts.
- Main engine service access via (3) removable hatches at forward end and both sides.
- Kubota Z-482 auxiliary engine for charging batteries, 11HP with approximately 1,036 operating hours; numerous spare parts and full service manuals onboard; located in swim step “garage” w/ control panel in the master stateroom; air supply from outside.
- Engine oil changed every 150 hours; engine transmission oil changed every 300 hours; auxiliary engine oil changed every 75 hours.
Sails & Rigging
- Forespar extruded aluminum tapered mast and boom sections; keel-stepped mast.
- NavTec solid rod rigging and terminals, plus NavTec System 50 hydraulic system for tensioning backstay and boom vang; original commissioning by Rigworks, Inc. of San Diego, CA for Hylas Yachts.
- 2011: Mast and boom pulled and re-painted w/ LPU in San Diego, and all rigging and hydraulics Level 4 Inspection w/ replacement/servicing as required by Rigworks, Inc.
- (6) stainless steel chafe guards on lower end of all shrouds.
- Access panels installed for all chainplates – appear as original perfect condition.
- On the mast: Harken Battcar system for mainsail control; heel-lift and storage system for a downwind pole; (2) halyard winches w/ (7) Lewmar rope clutches; standard deck light plus (3) LED spreader lights added each side.
- On the boom: (2) sets of reefing lines led forward and down to a reefing winch at the base of the mast; Navtec hydraulic boom vang.
- All running rigging is Sampson Warpspeed in very good condition.
- Removable Kevlar staysail stay w/ Wichard ratchet-adjuster; running backstays are of Yale Crystaline (Vectran).
- End-boom mainsail sheeting w/ Harken full-width adjustable traveler system.
- Adjustable genoa cars and traveler system.
- Schaefer 3500 roller furling system on the headstay w/ control line running aft to the cockpit.
- All winches are Lewmar CST: (2) #66 primaries; (2) #54 secondaries; (1) #48 mainsheet; (2) #50 halyard; (1) #40 reefing.
- Forespar carbon fiber downwind pole stores on the deck or on the mast.
- Custom, removable bowsprit fits in the second anchor position, from which the spinnaker can be flown, or the downwind pole can be controlled.
- 2015: New dacron cruising mainsail by Frank & Axel Schattauer of Seattle, WA; fully battened w/ (2) sets of reef points; retractable lazy-jack system.
- Furling headsails: North 3DL 108% jib new in 2010 and in good condition; Halsey-Lidgard dacron 128% cruising genoa new in 2004 and in very good condition; ATN jib sock to cover and protect either headsail.
- Lidgard dacron staysail new in 2006 and in excellent condition (rarely used).
- Island Planet asymmetrical cruising spinnaker w/ ATN sock new in 2006 and in very good condition.
Deck Features & Hardware
- Deck and cabin top of FRP w/ patterned non-skid in a light grey contrasting color.
- Entire hull and superstructure of FRP construction w/ very high quality gelcoat. The boat has been cleaned and waxed regularly over its life and appears like new.
- Full-length extruded aluminum toerail both sides.
- Only exterior teak for cockpit seat decking (perfect condition); cockpit grates (excellent condition); step either side from deck to cockpit (excellent condition); transom steps (very good condition).
- Double lifelines w/ coated stainless steel wire on stainless steel stanchions run aft from the bow pulpit to boarding gates either side, then top rail running aft to the stern pulpit and custom arch is solid stainless.
- 2-step side boarding ladder of stainless steel w/ teak treads installs either side at gates.
- Stainless steel railings full-length on cabin top both sides, transom steps both sides and on the dodger both sides and trailing edge.
- (2) Dorade ventilators on the forward cabin top w/ stainless steel cowls and guards, plus (2) additional Dorade ventilators w/ stainless steel cowls over the master stateroom.
- (6) stainless steel cleats w/ mooring line fairleads located forward, amidships and aft.
- Beautiful, custom stainless steel arch designed and integrated with the stern rails and pulpit for best aesthetics and function.
- The arch system accommodates: solar panels; radar antenna; cockpit VHF antenna; Sirius radio antenna; wireless-controlled bank of LED deck lights; custom BBQ swivel mount and LPG tank storage; fishing pole holder; fish cleaning table; outboard motor lifting davit and storage chock; storage for stern anchor and rode; LifeSling.
- The arch also has a custom, hinge-down davit system for storing, lifting and launching the ship’s AB tender.
- AB 9.5’ RIB w/ aluminum bottom; dinghy chaps; DaNard Dinghy Wheels; Tohatsu 9.8HP outboard motor (stores on arch w/ cover).
- SEYCHELLES has a very thoughtfully-designed and comprehensive dodger/bimini system.
- The dodger: Sufficiently low-profile to easily see over, while still comfortable to duck and sit under. Construction is of sturdy stainless steel w/ grab bars both sides and at the trailing edge. The front center panel can be rolled up to allow breezes to flow through. New Sunbrella and 60-mil Makralon UV window panels in 2015.
- The bimini top: Also w/ very sturdy stainless steel frames and connector piece to bridge dodger-to-bimini. New Sunbrella in 2017.
- The enclosure: There are complete vinyl and no-see-um netting enclosure panels for the entire cockpit.
- Canvas covers for: overhead hatches; fixed cabin windows front and sides; stern anchor gear; outboard motor; LifeSling; windlass; winches; dodger windows; mainsail; liferaft; BBQ.
- Custom sun awnings front and aft of the mast will cover most of the deck.
- Swim step: Access hatch to auxiliary engine compartment; H/C fresh water shower; spigot for saltwater washdown; teak decking on steps; fold-up stainless steel swim ladder.
- Cockpit: Edson pedestal w/ stainless steel guard, binnacle compass w/ cover, 48” destroyer-type stainless steel wheel w/ brake and cable-to-quadrant steering. The hydraulic control panel for vang and backstay also mounted on the pedestal guard; full set of BottomSider cockpit cushions; custom cockpit table attaches to pedestal guard; various bags and straps for line organization; coaming pockets to sides and aft; hinged, removable companionway doors plus drop boards; teak cockpit grates.
- Maxwell VWC-2200 12V vertical anchor windlass w/ Up/Down switches at the foredeck and at the cockpit helm – windlass completely serviced 2014.
- Windlass mounted on stainless steel foredeck plating; heavy duty stainless steel double anchor davit system.
- Bruce 66-lb. primary anchor w/ 300’ of 3/8” HT chain (all re-galvanized 2013).
- Fortress FX-55 secondary anchor w/ 50’ of 3/8” HT chain and 250’ of 3/4” nylon rode.
- Custom anchor snubber system affixes at the stem of the boat.
- Chain locker accessed through deck hatches at the foredeck, w/ both salt and fresh water connections in the locker.
- Mooring gear includes: (4) Polyform black fenders w/ covers, store in stainless steel fender racks attached to the stern rails; (5) Samson-braid 5/8” mooring lines – (2) 35’ and (3) 25’.
- SEYCHELLES has been hauled and serviced annually, along with continual care, maintenance and upgrading. It shows! The condition of this boat is extraordinary.
- Bottom paint is three coats of Micron 66; running gear coated w/ PropSpeed – last service spring of 2020.
- The boat has been outfitted for extended cruising in areas where parts are not readily available, so extensive and comprehensive spare parts inventory is included.
- Manuals and information for each system and component on board are stored in several binders on board.
- The Hylas 49 was spec’d for solid, hand-laid hull construction w/ fully-encapsulated lead ballast; deck and house of sandwich construction utilizing end-grain balsa coring; most backing plates for deck/rigging hardware are stainless steel and accessible.
- Original owner cruised once to Mexico and otherwise kept the boat in South Sound, WA. The current owners acquired SEYCHELLES in 2004 and took her up to Juneau, AK for seven years to re-fit and liveaboard while wrapping up careers. They have been cruising seasonally in the Sea of Cortez down to Manzanillo for the last ten years, and recently had SEYCHELLES shipped back to the Northwest via yacht transport for purpose of sale to the next adventurous set of owners.
- This boat has been fastidiously maintained and upgraded to a very high standard. All systems and equipment in ready-to-go condition. Outfitting is very complete. Cosmetic condition inside and out is exceptional.