Kadey Krogen 42 'SOLITAIRE'
|Engine/Fuel Type:||Single diesel|
|Dry Weight:||34,865 lbs.|
|Cruising Speed:||7 knots|
|Tankage||Fuel: 700 gallons
Water: 360 gallons
Holding: 40 gallon
|Location:||Portsmouth, Rhode Island|
Layout and Accommodations
Starting at the back of the boat (aft deck) you enter through a pair of double doors. When doors are open, it allows the salon and aft deck to be one large open area. This set up also allows for great ventilation.
Upon entering the salon, you will find a sleep sofa to port and two easy chairs and a table to starboard. This makes a great entertaining space. The side windows of the salon open (with screens) that allow for cross ventilation. With the galley just forward of the salon everyone is part of the conversation.
The full galley features Sub-Zero refrigerator and freezer, stove, microwave, & galley sink. The galley is just above the passageway to the staterooms and just down & below from the pilothouse. The washer and dryer are also conveniently located here.
The pilothouse features a great command center for running the boat. All electronics (see details below), steering and breaker panels for the accessories are located here. The large settee doubles as an off-watch berth or a double bunk when in the drop-down position.
Below decks, leading forward is a companionway that leads to a roomy head with a marine toilet and stand-up shower to port. Across from the head is the guest stateroom which features a over/under bunk arrangement. When the upper bunk is folded up you will find a handy desk area.
Further forward is the owners’ stateroom which features a double size berth with plenty of storage underneath in drawers. The owners’ cabin has its own ensuite head & shower. Each stateroom has opening ports for air flow.
External Areas of the Boat
Starting at the back of the boat there is a large covered cockpit which is a great sitting area and has been set up with sun screens along the edge of the coaming. There is also access to the flybridge and an access door to the swim platform from this area.
Going forward on each side you will find wide side decks along with high coamings for safety. Up on the boat area is a sitting area with a built-in settee against the cabin house. The windlass is at the bow and can easily be controlled with foot buttons or switch panel at the helm.
The flybridge and boat deck area is accessed by the rear ladder. The flybridge features a helm chair and two sitting areas. A duplicate set of electronics/controls and a ship’s wheel make navigating from this area enjoyable.
The boat’s mast and boom are also located here and is hinged making it possible to clear low bridges. The boat is equipped with a 10′ Mercury inflatable with a 5hp Mercury outboard.
• Sub-Zero refrigerator
• Sub-Zero freezer
• Counter tops
• Stove and oven
• Microwave oven
• Stainless steel double sink
• Settee with table
• Two (2) easy chairs
• Double doors
• Floors pull up for additional engine space access
• Teak Parque flooring throughout
• Stamoid screening for aft deck making it part of the salon with double doors open
• Double berth to starboard
• Port and starboard overhead lockers
• Dresser and under berth storage
• Ensuite head with shower forward
Guest Stateroom Starboard Side
• Over and under bunks
• Desk area below upper berth
• Opening port light
• Day head across from guest stateroom
• Marine head and shower
Pilothouse & Electronics
• Settee with watch berth
• Chart storage drawers
• Cybernet CTX 1000 hailer
• ICOM M80 VHF
• Raymarine chart/radar E series
• Navionics chip installed in chart plotter
• AIS B
• Raymarine autopilot
• Raymarine depth
• Danforth compass at helm & flybridge
• Westmar 8hp bow thruster
• Anchor windlass remote
• Bow thruster
• Raymarine E Series repeater on flybridge
• Raymarine autopilot on flybridge
• Command mic on flybridge
• Standard Horizon VHF on flybridge
• Bow thruster control on flybridge
• Firdell blipper radar reflector on mast
• 50 amp power cord
• Three (3) separate battery banks
• Two (2) 6-volt golf cart batteries
• Two (2) 8 D 12-volt batteries
• Two (2) 8 D thruster and windlass bank
• 3000-watt inverter
• 60-amp three bank charger
• Remote control panel
• 10-gallon electric hot water tank
Engines, Machinery & Equipment
• Lehman 135hp diesel (1361 hrs)
• 8hp bow thruster
• Marine Air air conditioning throughout (three units)
• Additional engine room fan
• Bilge pumps
• Coast Guard safety package
• Ideal windless
• 73lb Vulcan anchor with 170′ of 3/8″ chain
• Bow pulpit with two rollers
Maintenance & Upgrade Over the Last 5 Years
• Bow thruster overhauled (2013)
• Barrier coat after stripping bottom (2015)
• New felts in opening windows of salon
• New sun deck cushions (seat just fwd of pilothouse)
• Prop overhauled (2015)
• Added teak decks to bow area (2015)
• New batteries (2021)
• New electronics (2020)
• New power pack to generator (2020)
• New air con unit (2019)
• New AC cooling pump (2021)
• New hoses and heat exchanger on engine (2019)
• New 3000-watt (2020) Xantrex inverter
• New dedicated 60-amp battery charger – three bank (2020)
Owner is retiring from boating due to health conditions which are limiting his time out on the water. Solitaire has seen continuous maintenance and upgrades during their 5-year ownership of the vessel.