N35 Kenny E
|COLOR: ||Gray Hull with Dark Blue boot stripe and Black bottom paint|
|ENGINE:||Yanmar 6LY 370 HP|
|LOCATION:||Dana Point, CA|
The Nordhavn 35 was designed and built primarily as a two-person yacht, with a convertible dinette for occasional overnight guests. Her looks are striking – this is a purpose-built boat with an unquestionable pedigree. At 35-feet she has the detail and attributes of much larger yachts.
The pilothouse is aft with the trawler mast placed just forward of the windscreen. Enter from the cockpit through the commercial grade Diamond Sea/Glaze Dutch door into the salon/pilothouse. The first impression is of warmth and solid craftsmanship. “Kenny E” has an L- shaped dinette with fixed teak table to port. There is a settee to starboard with helm bench seat and helm station forward.
The helm station has an impressive console well-proportioned for a logical and legible electronics display. The single lever engine control and bow thruster joystick is located right on the console to make running or maneuvering in close quarters a breeze.
A hidden bookcase aft and to starboard in the pilothouse has a cover that hinges down to provide a stand-up chart table for laying out paper charts. The visibility from the pilothouse is exceptional.
The U-shaped galley is just forward to port and down two steps from the pilothouse, making communication between the salon and galley easy. The galley is equipped with a Princess propane stove and oven, an upright refrigerator with freezer, and Broan trash compactor.
The head with its separate stall shower is to starboard opposite the galley. The head itself is a Jabsco “Quiet Flush”. The shower has a bi-fold door, seat, and single handle mixing valve.
The master stateroom is forward of the galley. It features an athwarthship queen bed with access on three sides, nightstands on both sides, lots of locker space, and a separate changing seat forward. Access to the chain locker is forward of the changing seat.
The interior is well-lit throughout. There are hatches, windows and dorade vents for great ambient light and ventilation. The galley and master stateroom are appointed with laminate bulkheads trimmed in teak for additional reflectivity. The amount of storage in lockers and drawers throughout has been described as “exceptional” by more than one Nordhavn 35 owner. There is evidence of exceptional yacht quality joinery everywhere.
The engine room is located below the pilothouse level through a sound-insulated door with window below the combo washer/dryer locker in the galley. Most service and maintenance items are accessed from the easily transited starboard side. There is also access to the port side around from the aft end of the engine. The pilothouse sole also has a large hatch, which lifts up for overall mechanic’s access.
Outside and aft is a huge cockpit covered full-length by the boat deck for weather protection. There is a molded-in swim platform and ladder aft. Beneath the cockpit is a spacious lazarette.
For access to the foredeck and boat deck, there are side decks outboard of the pilothouse secured with stainless steel rails. The boat deck above the pilothouse is accessed via folding steps on the mast and is the perfect place for tender storage.
The trawler mast and boom are designed to serve as a dinghy davit. The mast has a radar bracket and an assortment of antennas installed at the head. It also has side ladders for access to the crow’s nest. The mast is hinged to tilt forward to reduce bridge clearance, or for overland shipment.
All of the stainless railing is 1.25″ diameter tubing, beautifully welded and polished. The only exterior woodwork is a teak cap rail above the transom.
The cockpit is completely covered by the boat deck overhang. Two cockpit doors – one aft and one to starboard – provide access to the swim platform, which is also fitted with a swim ladder. There is a large hatch in the cockpit sole for access to the lazarette. Inside the lazarette is the Hurricane diesel furnace, the Hydraulic steering and autopilot gear, the hot water heater and house batteries.
MACHINERY, ENGINE, FUEL SYSTEM AND ENGINE ROOM EQUIPMENT:
- Single Yanmar 6LY STE 370 HP Diesel (1,810 hours)
- Hurth ZF transmission with a 2.85:1 reduction gear
- PYI-PSS dripless shaft seal
- 4-blade bronze propeller
- Spurs line cutter on shaft
- Wet exhaust with silicon high temperature exhaust hose to muffler
- Dual Racor filters with gravity feed fuel system
- Hynautic Hydraulic steering with bypass and separate emergency tiller
- 5-HP SidePower bow thruster – 12-volt
- Spare parts for engine and generator
- Fuel tanks have sight glasses for level inspection
- Fireboy fire suppression system installed in engine room
- 6 kW Northern Lights generator in sound enclosure and GenSep exhaust (760 hrs.)
- Heart 2500-watt inverter with integral battery charger
2 ea. Lifeline 8D AGM batteries for house bank
1 ea. Lifeline 8D AGM battery for engine start
1 ea. Lifeline 4D AGM for generator start
- 30-amp shore power inlet
- Marinco 50′ 30-amp shore power cords
PLUMBING, GALLEY AND HEAD EQUIPMENT:
- Princess propane stove with oven
- New Isotherm stand up combination refrigerator and freezer
- Broan trash compactor
- GE microwave
- Jabsco Quiet Flush electric head
- Splendide combination washer/dryer
- 40 gallon holding tank with electric discharge pump
- 165 gallons of fresh water in two tanks
- Whale plumbing hose and fittings
- Electric and manual bilge pumps
- Seaward hot water heater in lazarette
- Single lever faucets at head and galley, single lever mixer in shower
NAVIGATION AND ELECTRONICS:
- Simrad / Robertson AP-22 autopilot with rate compass and rudder angle indicator, interfaced with GPS for navigational steering
- Furuno radar
- Furuno Nav Net plotter with GPS
- Danforth compass with “Nordhavn” logo card
- Weems and Plath clock and barometer
- Furuno RD-30 digital depthsounder
- Icom M 602 VHF radio
- Marinco electric air horn
- Two electric windshield wipers on starboard windscreens
DECK & HULL EQUIPMENT:
- Two tone deck colors, white with grey molded-in nonskid
- LP painted Forespar mast and boom with forward tending struts. Includes hinge plate at mast base, radar bracket, side ladders and crow’s nest.
- Rule Electric reversing boom winches – upgraded for heavier loads
- Muir VRC 2500-A Atlantic electric reversing windlass (including manual override feature) with foredeck foot switches on foredeck and pilothouse remote control
- 60 lb. Ultra stainless steel anchor
- 400 feet 5/16″ high test chain
- Spare stern anchor
- Center console dinghy
- 20 HP outboard motor with electric start
- Hurricane hydronic heating system – diesel fired – with 3 registers: salon/wheelhouse, head, and forward stateroom
- Teak and Spruce soles in pilothouse and master stateroom
- Lonseal vinyl flooring in galley and head
- White mesh see-through window coverings on pilothouse windows
- Engine room door has viewing port
- White vinyl interior upholstery with blue piping
- Exterior courtesy lights
- Lewmar hatch in pilothouse
- All windows and hatches have screens
- Spare filters and spare engine/generator parts
- Tool box with tools
The company offers the detail for this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.