Nordhavn 35 "Ocean Pilot"
|Boat Name||Ocean Pilot|
|Builder:||Pacific Asian Enterprises|
|LOA:||35 ft 5 in|
|Beam:||13 ft 2 in|
|Length on Deck:||33 ft 4 in|
|Maximum Draft:||3 ft 9 in|
|Total Power:||420 HP|
|Engine Power:||420 HP|
|Fresh Water Tanks:||(165 Gallons)|
|Fuel Tanks:||(590 Gallons)|
|Holding Tanks:||(40 Gallons)|
The Nordhavn 35 is an exceptional coastal trawler designed for an adventurous cruising couple. Her low profile and shallow draft allow her to visit isolated coves. The aft pilothouse design with helm bench seating makes for a very smooth and comfortable ride even in large seas. This trawler is a breeze for single-handed operation.
Ocean Pilot was previously lightly used on a seasonal basis on the East Coast. She has cruised from Cape Cod to the Bahamas and up the Erie Canal to the Great Lakes. Winters have been spent on the hard in heated storage or on the hard, winterized under shrink wrap. Ocean Pilot has been cruised at displacement speed for the past 9 years by the current owner (8-8.5 knots at 1850 RPMs).
Her current owner shipped Ocean Pilot to the Pacific Northwest where she has seasonally cruised the Puget Sound.
Ocean Pilot is outfitted for extensive coastal cruising and, when ordered, she was equipped with all of the most popular factory options. Her present owners have added many updates & upgrades.
Ocean Pilot is an exceptional boat and an outstanding value – she has been lovingly cared for and shows the results of continual maintenance and care! She is ready for an adventurous couple desiring a proper power yacht to safely and comfortably travel to more remote coastal cruising grounds.
Please call today for more details on Ocean Pilot and learn why after spending close to two weeks aboard, Bill Pike from Power & Motoryacht magazine stated emphatically in the December 2002 issue:
“Indeed, for a cruising couple, there’s no finer vessel on the market in my opinion.”
The Nordhavn 35 features a roomy aft pilothouse with the saloon/dining table and helm on the same upper level. Down five steps there is a galley to port, a head with shower to starboard and the master stateroom forward. The cockpit is completely covered by the boat deck overhang and you can easily move along both sides of the pilothouse side decks up to the foredeck. There is a molded-in swim platform with swim ladder and two cockpit doors, one aft and one to starboard.
Entering from the cockpit into the pilothouse you pass through a commercial strength Diamond Sea/Glaze Dutch door. The entire interior features exquisite teak joinery. Ocean Pilot has an L- shaped dinette with teak table to port that converts to a double berth. There is a chair and bookcase to starboard, with helm bench and helm controls forward on the starboard side. The helm station is an impressive console which provides an excellent location to install the navigation and communications electronics in a logical and easy to use and see fashion. The AC/DC electrical panel includes easy to read digital meters. The single lever engine control makes traveling underway and maneuvering in close quarters a breeze, especially since the bow thruster joystick is on the same surface.
A movable chair and built-in bookcase aft to starboard in the pilothouse provides an outstanding reading nook. The visibility in the pilothouse is exceptional in all directions.
Proceeding forward down five steps to the lower level you arrive first at the U-shaped galley to port. Lonseal flooring makes an attractive compliment to the Corian counter tops. The owners have installed a new faucet. Directly opposite the galley to starboard is an enclosed head with separate shower stall also featuring a new fixture on the basin. The toilet is electric, newly installed (2015) with partial new black water plumbing. The Y valve and other parts of the black water system were upgraded in 2015.
All the way forward is the expansive master stateroom featuring a queen-sized athwartship bed with access on three sides. There is a separate built-in reading seat forward and spacious hanging lockers plus bureaus with drawers to starboard and on both sides of the bed. The two fresh water tanks and one air conditioner are located under the bed.
The chain locker lies below the anchor well and is accessed from the master stateroom bow locker.
The interior features excellent lighting throughout. New IMTRA LED fixtures have been installed in all three compartments. There are hatches and windows in addition to foredeck dorades for superior ventilation. The amount of storage in lockers and drawers throughout is exceptional.
The engine room is located below the pilothouse and accessed through a windowed door below the pantry locker – which features a (2009) Splendide clothes washer/dryer. The pilothouse sole also has a huge hatch, which lifts up for impressive access to the engine room.
Outside and aft is a huge cockpit with a full-length overhang to keep you out of the weather. Beneath the cockpit is a spacious lazarette topped with a large hatch. The hydraulic steering, autopilot gear, hot water heater and Lifeline AGM house batteries are in the lazarette. There is a built-in storage shelf aft for storing containers.
The pilothouse has walking side decks on both sides secured with 1.25” stainless steel rails. The boat deck above the pilothouse is accessed by climbing up the mast using folding steps. The mast has a radar mount and an assortment of antennas installed up top. The mast also has side ladders to provide access to the crow’s nest. The tender is stored in Weaver davits on the pilothouse roof. The mast and boom serves as a dinghy davit to lift and launch the tender from the boat deck using two electric Warn
The mast step has been engineered with a large stainless steel hinge to allow the mast to be lowered to the foredeck to reduce air draft to go under bridges or for truck transportation of the boat.
The anchor well forward is set up for two anchors with dual rollers and a secondary deck pipe. There are foot controls for the Muir windlass and a seawater deck wash to keep the chain clean as it rides up from the bottom.
The only exterior woodwork is a richly varnished cap rail above the transom.
- Number of double berths: 1 dinette converts to double
- Number of queen berths: 1 in master stateroom
- Number of cabins: 1
- Number of heads: 1
- Yanmar 6LY2-STE 420 HP diesel engine (2418 Hrs)
- Twin Disc transmission
- Aquatech 22 stainless steel propeller shaft
- 4 blade bronze propeller – left hand
- Wet exhaust with silicon high temperature exhaust hose to muffler – (new 2008)
- Dual Racor filters with gravity fed fuel system (Racors rebuilt 2014 )
- Panda 8.0 kW generator (new 2007, 493 Hrs)
- Hynautic Hydraulic steering with bypass and separate emergency tiller
- 5 HP Side Power electric bow thruster (New power head & solenoid (February 2021)
- Fuel tanks have sight glasses for level inspection
- Fireboy #MA2- 475 16 lb. fire suppression system installed in engine room
- Custom fuel polishing system and manifold (Racor 1000FH with dedicated fuel pump & timer, 2012)
- Reverso oil change system for engine, generator and transmission (2008)
- Simrad AP-22 autopilot with rate compass and rudder angle indicator
- Furuno TZ Touch2 multi function display 12” LCD touch screen (2016)
- Furuno DRS4-NXT doppler radar with active target detection (2016)
- Furuno GP 35 GPS receiver with LCD display, new GP18 antenna (2016)
- Furuno GP 37 GPS receiver with LCD display, new GP18 antenna (2016)
- Furuno dual frequency color LCD sounder. Includes: fish, depth and alarms.
- ICOM IC M504 VHF radio (2010)
- ICOM hand held VHF radio; 25 watt output VHF with instant 9 and 16
- ICOM AIS receiver (2010)
- Ritchie compass with Nordhavn logo
- Furuno transducer & fairing block (new June 2018)
- Generator: 8.0 kW Panda generator in sound enclosure (493 hours) (new in 2007)
- Inverter: Xantrex SW3012 (new March 2017)
- Inverter bypass switch installed (new February 2021)
- Battery Monitor: Balmar Smartguage battery/system monitor (2015)
- All batteries are Lifeline AGM and are strapped in place (start batteries new 2015; house batteries 2 new Full River in June 2019)
- (2) 30 amp shore power inlets; 1 for house and 2 separate for air conditioning – Smart plug outlets (new May 2019)
- 50’ 30 amp shore power cords (Smart Plug)
- New main battery switches installed on house bank (2016)
- Samsung microwave oven (new 2017)
- Seaward Princess electric three burner stove and oven
- Isotherm stand up combination refrigerator and freezer model CR195 (new December 2016)
- Exhaust fan/hood
- Sealand electric macerator for holding tank and deck fitting for pump out
- 155 gallons of fresh water in 2 tanks
- Jabsco freshwater pump (2013) and accumulator
- Single lever faucets at head and galley, single lever mixer in shower
- Spectra Catalina 340C watermaker 340 gallon x day (new February 2021)
- Water tanks & holding tank senders & gauges replaced (2020/2021)
- Cruisair air conditioning system with two compressors and two zone controls. Includes heat strips for reverse cycle heat in cold waters. 16k BTU in salon and 12k BTU in master stateroom.
- Wallas Spartan Twin Air diesel boat heater with fuel transfer system (new November 2020)
- (4) Hella turbo fans mounted in interior
- Deluxe beige Ultra Leather upholstery on all seats/cushions (2014)
- Blinds in pilothouse
- Sunbrella canvas for hatches, windlass, boom winches and dingy
- Splendide Combomatic 6200 clothes washer and dryer
- Custom made mosquito screen installed on aft Dutch door opening
- Weems and Plath clock, barometer and thermometer
- Interior/exterior lights replaced with IMTRA LEDs (2014)
- Vizio 24” smart TV forward in pilothouse (new May 2019)
- Sony Blu-ray DVD Player (2015)
- Custom “Handcraft Mattress Co”, 8” thick latex/gel mattress with custom linens & fitted sheets (new May 2019)
- New salon carpet (August 2020)
Deck and Ground Tackle
- Warn boom winch
- Windshield wipers
- White deck with molded in nonskid
- LP painted Forespar mast and boom with forward tending struts. Includes hinge plate at mast base, radar mount stand, side ladders and Crow’s nest.
- Electric reversing winches on boom for lifting the tender
- Muir VRC 2500-A Atlantic electric reversing windlass (including manual override feature) with foredeck foot buttons and pilothouse toggle controls
- 60 lb. plow Nordhavn stainless steel anchor with 400 feet 5/16” HT/G43 galvanized chain (new May 2017)
- Fortress spare anchor with chair/rope rode
- Weaver dinghy deck chock mounts and lifting sling for tender
- Exterior courtesy lights
- Lewmar deck hatches with built-in teak-framed screens
- Crow’s Nest and ladder on mast
- Boat deck and foredeck lighting
- Sea water deck wash down on foredeck (new February 2021)
- Freshwater hose bib with hot/cold mixer in cockpit locker (new February 2021)
- Stainless steel protector on bow breast plate to avoid dings when hauling the anchor
- US flag installed on custom varnished teak staff on caprail
- Coast Guard Safety Equipment including: fire extinguishers, life jackets, discharge plaques, bell, dock lines, life ring, and fenders
- AFI full blast air horn (new July 2020)
- Yanmar engine spares
- Fuel filters
- Numerous other spare items
Notable Factory and Owner Upgrades
- Manual bilge pump: Edson
- Electric head
- Jabsco 37045 freshwater electric (new 2015), Y valve, macerator and most plumbing replaced (2014-2015)
- A/C and Heating: Cruise Aire 2 zones
- Range: Princess 3 burner electric with oven bow thruster:
- Electric Hot water: Seaward S1100 (2012)
- Battery charger : Zantrax Truecharge 2 (2010)
- Electric bilge pump
- Refrigerator Isotherm model CR195 (new December 2016)
- Washing machine: Splendide 6200 (2008)
- Microwave oven: (new February 2017)
- Inverter: Xantrex SW3012, 3000 watt inverter with built-in battery charger (new March 2017)
- Shore power inlet: (new receptacle 2016)
- Generator: Panda digital 8KW (2007) – 493 Hrs
- Davits: Weaver adjustable installed on boat deck lifting winches: 2 Warn electric winches installed on boom (2010), with 2 x spare Warn winches
- Swimming ladder
- Bottom paint – Seahawk BioCop (new June 2020)
- Magma propane BBQ
- Gig Harbor boat works 10’ navigator w/ sailing rig w/ tan bar sail Shaw & Tenney spruce 7 1/2’ spoon oars (new May 2019)
- Tender motor: EP electric outboard (new May 2019)
Ocean Pilot is being offered with linens, tableware, galley essentials and most equipment needed to cruise comfortably tomorrow. Exclusions include: stand-up paddle board, binoculars, personal books, handheld electronics, espresso machine and owner’s personal items. Potential purchasers should realize that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, may not be included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct, but cannot be guaranteed.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.