Nordhavn 40 TORTUGA
|Engine/Fuel Type:||Single diesel|
|Asking Price:||Sale pending|
The Nordhavn 40 is one of those boats that invokes awe and inspires dreams that only a little ship like this can bring true. It was a 40 that took the crew at PAE around the world setting records and proving that long distant power cruising was not only possible, but well within the reach of many who thought a much larger boat or sailboat was the only way.
TORTUGA presents in “Bristol” condition with all the amenities to make your cruising days comfortable and safe. Her interior is finished in teak. One of the newest on the market is seriously for sale.
The salon offers a comfortable L shaped settee to starboard with fixed table. To port is a settee with storage under and behind seatback cushions.
Upgrades include “Ultraleather” fabric in “doe” color, solid teak plank sole with grooves and “Dutch” entry door along with custom cut decorator carpet with runner in passageway. There are Hunter Douglas pleated, cordless blinds with rope lighting behind valances throughout the salon, and a Toshiba 19″ flat screen TV with DVD player.
The galley includes a U Line, AC/DC refrigerator and freezer, granite counter tops, Seward three-burner LPG gimbaled stove and oven, Dayton stove exhaust blower, GE microwave oven, Sandstone Loneseal sole, GE trash compactor, extra round port. Locker interiors are finished in Formica.
The forward master features a centerline queen berth with ample room to get around and plenty of storage. Two hanging lockers and a small settee for dressing ease. Two additional round portlights into the Portuguese bridge add to the already good ventilation. The standard foam mattress has been up-graded to a GSR with Sunbrella cover.
The guest stateroom to port offers two generous bunks with GSR mattresses also covered in Sunbrella. An optional Splendide washer and vented dryer is installed here. There is also an optional window in the engine room door.
The floors in the head are molded fiberglass with gelcoat finish. The granite countertop matches the galley. The head has been upgraded to a Tecma “silence plus” fresh water fed unit.
The pilothouse features a comfortable settee and fixed table with an “off watch” berth aft, covered in “Doe” Ultraleather matching the salon. Sole is Sandstone Lonseal. Sight lines are excellent and glare from the forward raked windows is nil.
Pilothouse electronics include:
• Furuno MDF Navnet 3D System.
• Furuno UHD Radar 4KW (closed array)
• Furuno Network Sounder DFF1
• Furuno RD-30 remote display
• Furuno BBWGPS Waas GPS antenna
• Furuno BBX1 Sirius weather receiver
• ICOM M504 Marine DSC VHF receiver
• Simrad AP28 Autopilot system
• Simrad wireless remote control unit camera SO-CVC670 in engine room
• ACR Cat II Global Fix IPRO EPIRB
• Shakespeare Seawatch TV antenna & KVH TV3 satellite dome antenna
The bridge offers full engine controls, two Todd helm chairs and bimini.
• Furuno MDF8 Navnet 3D system with Navpod PP5050 Uncut mount
• Furuno RD-30 Remote Display
• ICOM Command Mic 3
• Lugger L1066T 165 hp diesel, 1757 hours
• Twin Disc reverse gear with 3:1 reduction
• Morse engine controls
• Fernstrum keel cooler and dry stack exhaust
• Yanmar 27 hp wing engine 3YM30V with 10 gallon day tank and fuel transfer system including a Racor 900 transfer filter. Martec folding propeller, 28 hrs.
• Morse controls for wing engine in Pilothouse
• 8 hp Side Power bow thruster with controls in PH and Bridge
• Northern Lights 8 KW generator with sound shield, 1777 hrs.
• Racor duplex fuel filters with metal bowls and vacuum gauges in lieu of std. single
• Reverso oil change system, plumbed to serve the main engine and transmission, generator and wing engine
• Engine room fire suppression system with automatic engine, generator and blower shutdown.
• ABT Trac stabilizers 220 keel cooled; 6 ft. square fins
• Air-conditioning throughout includes three separate units with a total of 44,000 BTUs
• Additional Rule 3700 electric bilge pump for a total of three (3)
• Hynautic hydraulic steering system
Five (5) 255+ AH (8D) Lifeline batteries for house applications and one additional 8D for engine starting. The engine starting battery is isolated from the house bank which prevents the inadvertent discharge of the engine starting battery. Main engine has dual alternators, 130 amp large case for house and a small 40 amp for engine start battery charging. Parallel switches provide for emergency engine starting or to parallel alternators in case of an alternator failure.
All wiring used throughout boat to be labeled at buss bar and color coded. Wiring throughout boat is tinned wire.
• Upgraded interior lights to Cantalupi
• Lightning ground system includes static dissipater at masthead and bronze plate on hull exterior
• SSB ground plane system, led to pilothouse
• Conduits supplied for future installations
• Galvanic isolators on ship’s service and A/C service shore power connectors
• Two (2) Fluorescent lights in engine room
• Additional electronics and communication battery with isolator
• Three (3) water tanks totaling 220 gallons
• Seaward 11 gallon hot water heater with heat exchanger. Grohe faucets throughout.
• Flojet freshwater pump
• Groco accumulator tank
• Fresh water wash down fore and aft
• Fresh water spigot in engine room
• Village marine SPW 600 water maker with spare filters
Two (2) FRP tanks totaling 920 gallons with inspection plates appropriately positioned for interior access. Baffles are removable to allow access to entire tank.
Fuel system includes a supply reservoir which is fed by gravity from both fuel tanks. Supply reservoir holds approx. two gallons and is fitted with a sight gauge having one gallon range and 10th gallon marks for fuel consumption checks.
Sight gauges are provide for each main tank.
• 2008 Caribe C10X custom Arctic RIB center console
• Honda 20hp OB
• Weaver S/S removable chocks
• Magma grill
• Winslow liferaft (6 person) Ultralight Offshore w/ Pelican hard pack and S/S Pelican cradle
• Wet spot plus water softener unit for wash downs
• Fortress Anchor w/ 400 ft. of braid and chain
• Custom canvas covers for dinghy, windlass, forward hatch, bridge instruments, boom winches
• Pilothouse window sun shades
• Additional cockpit boarding door on port side
• Extended swim platform
• Rod holders and overhead rod storage rack
Key TORTUGA Upgrades/Maintenance
• New bimini top – December 2015
• Upgrade to AIS to Furuno Class B – March 2016
• Upgrade to Furuno NavNet 3D maps – March 2016
• Replaced all batteries with 5-Lifeline 8D & 2-Lifeline 4D – March 2016
• Installed KVH TV3 satellite dome antenna and custom TV mount – April 2016
• Replaced salon air conditioner – August 2016
• R&R exhaust elbows on genset and wing engine – May 2017
• Installed ceiling screws and caps throughout – July 2018
• New bottom paint – January 2019
• Repaired swim platform leg – February 2019
• R&R main engine and keel cooler coolant – May 2019
• Serviced & repacked Winslow life raft – May 2019
• R&R Village Marine watermaker membranes and pre-filters – June 2019
• R&R main engine alternator (for starting battery) – September 2019
• R&R propane hose assembly and detector sensors – February 2020
Various spare water pumps, oil filters, cleaning equipment, supplies etc.
Disclaimer: The company offers the detail for this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.