Nordhavn 63 HA
|Designer:||Jeff Leishman, N.A.|
|Cruising Speed:||8 knots|
|Engine/Fuel Type:||Single diesel|
“HA” is an exceptionally clean Nordhavn 63 set up for world cruising. She has travelled throughout the waters of Alaska (built entirely with vinylester resin w/ 12″ wide extra woven roving above and below the waterline for ice conditions) to the other extreme of St. Tropez, Sicily and many waterways in between.
General Layout and Accommodations
Starting from the swim platform where a large commercial passarelle is used in med mooring you will find entry to the aft deck of the yacht. The aft deck is open with movable furniture and also features an aft control station.
Entering the salon through the dutch door you will find an L shaped settee to port and a straight settee on the starboard side. Both are covered in white ultra-leather. On the aft wall covering the stack is a 50″ TV. There are also two refrigerator drawers just forward of the starboard settee under the stairs that lead to the wheelhouse.
Looking forward is a very open galley without obstruction to the salon as the owner decided not to have cabinets directly above the counter. This very open area feeling allows those in the galley to be part of the conversation and goings on in the salon. The galley features two large Sub-Zero refrigerators (side by side) with freezer drawers below as well as a microwave along with inductions cooktop and electric oven.
Forward of the galley is a companionway which leads to the Owner’s stateroom with en-suite head on the port side and the VIP stateroom forward at the end of the companionway.
On the starboard side there is a large pantry area just steps from the galley. Forward of the pantry is a day head with toilet and shower. This head doubles as the head for the VIP stateroom as there is an additional door in the companionway closing the space off from the rest of the boat.
Additionally just below the floor in the VIP stateroom is a dedicated hatch to the lower machinery space (ie: the basement) where you will find access to the hydraulic bow thruster, water maker, hot water heater and fresh water pumps. There is also storage in this area.
Going back and down is a stairway with access to an additional stateroom for two with a full size berth, pipe berth and sink. This room houses a concealed washer/dryer and an additional freezer. It also has a large amount of storage and a door to the engine room.
The engine room features walk around capability and a larger than standard engine (John Deere 6135AFM 365hp) with twin 175 amp alternators.
There is also a larger than standard wing engine (John Deere 4045AFM85 160hp) with V-drive. Also housed in the engine room is the hydraulic system which routinely runs off the wing engine but is also plumbed to run off the generator or main engine.
The hydraulic package includes the ship’s windlass, bow & stern thrusters and anchor wash. The ABT fin stabilizers also run on the hydraulics.
The ship’s 21.5 Onan generator is across from the wing engine and behind it you will find under deck access to the lazarette. In the lazarette a second 13.5 KW genset can be found along with the ship’s batteries, steering gear and main battery cut off switches. There is also access to the lazarette from a large hatch on the back deck.
Going back to the salon area and then up the open staircase you will enter the wheel house which is the command center for the vessel.
Here you will find two Stidd chairs for the captain and mate along with a full steering and electronics package. There is also room to lay out charts and other navigation tools.
Behind the Stidd chairs there is an L shaped settee with table making this a very comfortable place for shipmates to hang out while underway.
There is also a Captain’s cabin and head with shower directly behind this living area. It features a twin berth along with a hanging locker and drawers.
- Custom settee to starboard with drawers and two Sub-Zero 700 BR freezer drawers
- Full height wet locker right at doorway as you step into the salon
- 50″ TV located on aft wall with wood frame around it
- Audio visual locker on starboard wall of stack enclose with additional window added
- Upholstery for the salon is all done in Ultraleather “ White”
- 16″ wide ottoman with lift top (teak)
- Custom layout with the overhead cabinets above counter removed opening up the galley area to what is going on in the salon. If you are in the galley you are still part of the conversation.
- GE Electric induction cooktop with pot holders & rails for offshore cooking
- GE convection oven
- GE trash compactor
- Two Sub-Zero full size refrigerators with freezer drawers
- Kohler 24″ wide galley sink
- Pantry in companionway right off galley area
- Queen size bed
- Numerous lockers and drawers
- Two opening ports with shades
- Custom wood frame around flat screen TV
- En-suite head that includes toilet and full size shower
- Toilet with shower aft
- Vanity with mirror
- Overhead lighting
- One door for day use and another just outside the head to close off this area for VIP use
- Center island queen arrangement
- Added multiple drawers and lockers in this arrangement over standard
- Access hatch to pump room beneath (Nordhavn basement)
- Two Village Marine watermakers STW600
Crew (or kids) / Utility Room:
- Washer & dryer separate units in individual lockers
- Permanent berth
- Pull out canvas cot
- Mirror above sink
- Access to the engine room
- Access to the stabilizers
Stand up Engine Room and Lazarette:
- John Deere 6135 AFM 365 hp main engine (larger than standard) (1757.8 hrs)
- John Deere 4045 AFM 160 hp wing engine with PTO for hydraulic system (152 hrs)
- Onan 21.5 KW Gen Set with PTO for hydraulic system
- Onan 13.5 KW Gen Set (located in laz) (1224.5 hrs)
- Hydraulic system which runs windlass, bow & stern thrusters, anchor wash, emergency bilge pump & TRAC ABT STAR rest stabilizers
- Oberdorfer fuel transfer pump #N991-32-A89
- Mathers controls (wheel house and side & stern control areas)
- PYI dripless shaft seals on main & wing (& stern tube in laz)
- SEAFIRE FD 1300 fire suppression system in engine room with remote pulls
- SEAFIRE FD 1050 fire suppression system in lazarette
- Cruisair chilled water control for air conditioning units with heat strips
- PAE oil change system
- Two additional Rule 3700 bilge pumps
- Two Village Marine watermakers STW600
- Main battery shut-offs
- Two Outback 3.5KW inverters
- Victron Skylla TG 24/100 battery charger with control panel
- Brownies dive compressor
- Hurricane heating system
- Dive ladder
Wheel House and Captain’s Quarters:
- Complete suite of electronics – see list below
- Two Stidd 500 NH helm chairs
- Port side chart table with drawers underneath
- Deep file drawer under port side settee
- Teak & spruce floors
- Captain’s quarter with twin size berth
- Hanging locker and drawers
- Head with shower on starboard side aft
- Three 19″ Furuno Marine monitors
- Furuno 2127 25KW black box radar
- Furuno DRS12A 72 mile UHD radar
- Furuno FA 150 AIS transponder with display
- Furuno GP33 GPS
- Furuno RD digital repeater
- B&G Triton wind sensor
- Ship’s phone (six) Panasonic wireless system
- Two Icom M506 VHF marine radios
- Two Simrad AP70 autopilots
- Two Accusteer HPU 212-200 pumps
- Simrad FU80 follow up remote control unit
- Two Axis M series 5013 PTZ indoor cameras
- Seaview Flir M-Series
- 24″ Hatteland touch screen monitor
- ACR RCL 600A spotlight
- Furuno DFF-1-UHD TruEcho chirp sounder
- KVH TV6 with IP enabled TV hub
- Three DirecTV HD satellite TV receivers
- KVH V-7 IP sat com system
- Iridium Pilot satellite communication system
- Fusion MSAV700I AM/FM/CD/DVD player
- Simrad loud speaker horn
- Comnav G2 compass with color display
- McMurdo G5 406 EPIRB
- Ritchie compass 4.5″ compass with Nordhavn logo
- Lightning ground system with forespar wand
- Bow tow eye with striker plate
- Stainless steel bow stem
- Maxwell 3500 hydraulic windlass
- Stealhead ES 1500 crane
- 16′ AB tender & 50hp Yamaha outboard with mounting cradle
- 30 gallon integrated gas tank with pump & hose
- Boarding light above starboard side boarding door
- Glendenning power cord retrieval system
- Commercial grade passarelle
- Additional hand rails on coamings
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- Eight person Guardian life raft
- Ladder from upper aft deck to pilothouse
“HA” awaits a new owner in Portsmouth, Rhode Island and is in “Turn Key” ready to go cruising in style. – Just add provisions, crew and many great destinations.
Note: Owner’s personal possessions not included with yacht.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.