**NOT FOR SALE OR CHARTER IN THE COUNTRY OF MEXICO**
|Color:||Grey hull/white superstructure with blue custom boot stripes|
|Fresh Water:||700 gallons|
|Engine Make:||John Deere|
|Propeller Type:||5 Blade|
|Currently Lying:||La Paz, Mexico|
URSA was delivered in 2020 in Dana Point, California where she was commissioned and then headed South. She is one of the most heavily outfitted Nordhavns ever built!
Some features include:
. 240v 50 hertz
. Hydraulics – w/ STAR
. 2 gen sets – auto start
. Extensive electronics package
ENGINES & HYDRAULICS:
Main Engine (280 hours): John Deere Model 6090: Main propulsion is supplied by a John Deere Model 6090 w/ M3 rating @ 325HP @ 2,200 rpm, coupled to a ZF #ZFW325, 3.958:1 reduction transmission, in turn coupled to a 3″ Aquamet 22 drive shaft on which is mounted a 5-bladed, bronze propeller. This transmission reduction allows the propeller to turn slowly, greatly reducing noise and vibration. The engine is keel-cooled, with a dry exhaust with an in-line muffler, a signature design element of most Nordhavns, which eliminates the need for a large through-hull and raw water pump, greatly reducing the risk of failure at sea. A Spurs Marine line cutter is installed on the main shaft, just forward of the propeller.
Wing Engine (33 hours): John Deere 4045 TFM 85 HE: Auxiliary propulsion is supplied by a John Deere 4045 TFM 85 HE 24V “wing engine” 100 hp @ 2400 rpm, High Output Heat Exchanger Cooling with a ZF 631V 2.477:1 ratio “V-Drive” transmission with Morse control cables. Gori folding propeller, 3 blade (24″ diameter x 19″ pitch). The shaft is a 1.5″ diameter Aquamet 17 and is tapered at the propeller end. A rubber cutlass stern bearing is encased in a housing supported by a strut attached to the hull.
Hydraulic Systems: ABT-TRAC: URSA is equipped with ABT-TRAC’S integrated hydraulics system that is powered by quiet, high efficiency hydraulic piston pumps separately driven by the main engine, the wing engine, or a PTO (Power Take Off) pump on the 20 kW generator. These pumps support various systems:
- Anchor Wash: Pacer Pump, located in forward equipment area, delivers 180 gpm.
- Bow and Stern Thrusters: ABT-TRAC twin, counter-rotating propellers, are installed in both the bow and the stern.
- Emergency Bilge Pump: Pacer Pump, located in engine room, delivers 180 gpm.
- Stabilizers at Sea: URSAis outfitted with upgraded ABT-TRAC digital active fin stabilizers with digital controls in the wheelhouse.
- Stabilizers at Rest: the STAR system significantly reduces vessel roll while anchored or on a mooring. STAR’s unique 3-term algorithm measures roll and controls the stabilizing fins’ movement to generate a smooth counter-acting energy pulse that significantly dampens roll. At anchor, the STAR system is powered by the PTO pump on the 20 kW generator.
- Windlass: Upgraded Maxwell hydraulic windlass VW4000 with band brake and chain counter installed in the pilothouse.
While URSA is spec’d as 230V/50Hz boat, it is equipped for world cruising. Battery chargers that accept a wide range of voltages and frequencies keep the batteries charged, while combination inverters handle all house loads. All electrical outlets by VIMAR are universal to accept a worldwide variety of plugs and USB connections are installed throughout the vessel.
Batteries: Six (6) Lithionics batteries 24V 300AH each in 3 banks with NeverDie BMS. Maxin engine starting: 2 x 4D (12v, 210 amp-hrs each). Wing engine and 16 kW generator starting: 2 x group size 31 (12v, 105 amp-hrs each). 20 kW generator starting: 2 x group size 31 (12v, 105 amp-hrs each). Communications: 1 s group size 31 (12v, 105-amp hours). All starting batteries are Lifeline brand.
- Generator #1: (225 hours) Northern Lights 20 kW at 50Hz and gen-sep exhaust system (with sound shield in the engine room). 24 v starter with two “Group 31” batteries and Centek water lift muffler.
- Generator #2: (289 hours)Northern Lights 16 kW at 50Hz and gen-sep exhaust system (with sound shield in the lazarette). 24 v starter with two “Group 31” batteries and Centek water lift muffler. This generator is fitted with Auto Start.
Alternators: Dual 190A alternators on the main engine, one 190A alternator on wing engine with WakeSpeed charge controllers.
Battery Chargers: Two (2)Victron Skylla TG 24/100-amp battery chargers.
Inverter/Charger: Two (2) 8kW Victron Quattro inverters.
Monitoring and Control: Victron BMV712 and Victron Color Control GX installed on main distribution panel. Victron CCGX is connected to onboard router to allow for remote monitoring of the electrical systems.
Distribution Panel: The panel is conveniently located on the main level in the passageway.
Isolation Transformer: Olsun (12 KVA), located in the pilothouse.
Shore Power: Glendinning Marine Cablemaster manages the primary power cable.
Solar Panels: 2 LONGi 370W panels installed on pilothouse top with Victron MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller in the lazarette.
NAVIGATION AND ELECTRONICS:
Maretron Monitor System: Maretron is renowned for its precision engineering and is used on commercial vessels as well as superyachts. URSA is fitted with extensive Maretron system with completely separate NMEA200 backbone. The system is run on a separate dedicated Intel NUC PC and displays results on one of the color touch screens in the pilothouse. Accurate levels of fuel tanks, fresh water and wastewater are easily displayed. Engine performance details, including temperatures, pressures, and fuel efficiency are shown. Various pressure, temperature, and electrical sensors are installed to monitor most aspects of the vessel. Data points outside programmed parameters result in audible and visual alarms.
Navigation PC: Hatteland fanless PC with solid state drive and remote switch, running Nobeltec professional software with weather routing module, is connected to the navigation backbone and can be run as a backup or in conjunction with the Furuno TZT2BB system.
Video Camera System: 7 AXIS M3026-VE video cameras are installed in the engine room, lazarette, cockpit, swim platform, on port and starboard control stations, on the starboard walkway and smoke stack facing aft. Two FLIR AX8 thermal cameras are installed in the engine room to monitor main and wing engines. FLIR M625S thermal stabilized camera (640×480) is installed on the smoke stack. All cameras can be monitored remotely through AXIS server, and can be displayed on either navigation PC in the Maretron system, or on any device connected to onboard WiFi via web browser or AXIS software.
Navigation and Communications Systems: URSA’s systems were designed with redundancy in mind, for ultimate safety and peace of mind in remote areas. There are two separate NMEA2000 backbones and redundant sensors installed.
- Navigation: Furuno NavNet TZT2BB serves as the primary navigation system, seamlessly displaying component information supplied through the NavNet 3D Hub101. Information can be displayed on two 24″ monitors.
- Forward Looking Sonar: Simrad ForwardScan connected to B&G Vulcan 7″ chart plotter display. This chartplotter is connected to a separate second navigation NMEA2000 backbone equipped with all sensors allowing complete backup navigation.
- Displays: Three (3) Seatronx 24″ touch screen monitors 350 niton main dash, one Seatronx PHT-12” on upper dash. Two (2) Maretron DSM250 displays allow monitoring of various data from each of the navigational networks.
- AIS #1: Furuno FA170 Class A AIS transponder 4.3″ color display.
- AIS #2: Icom M605 VHF with built-in AIS receiver.
- GPS: Furuno GP33 provides location information to the primary navigation system.
- Wind Indicator: B & G 608 wind sensor.
- Weather Station: Airmar 220WX ultrasonic weather station.
- Fish Finder: Furuno transducer w/ temp, built-in Diplex w/ HSF.
- Depth: Airmar DX900 speed/depth/log no paddlewheel ultrasonic sensor.
- Autopilot: Two (2) Furuno NavPilot 711C, one with JAS-LC1 follow-up lever. Two (2) Steer Straight CR4200 pumps with Softshift valves 24vdc.
- Radar #1: Furuno FAR 1528 25kW transmitter, 96NM FAR1523BB black box radar with 6′ open array.
- Radar #2: Furuno DRS4DNXT 24″ solid state dome doppler radar.
- Radio #1: ICOM M605-11 radio with CommandMic IV remote installed in engine room.
- Radio #2: Icom M605 VHF with built-in AIS receiver and CommandMic IV remote installed in cockpit.
- Satellite Communications: KVH V7 HTS 60 cm Mini VSAT antenna. The KVH TracPhone provides internet and telephone communication in Ku-band coverage regions. Supplemented with Eaton 220VAC UPS system. Iridium GO! installed on pilothouse upper dash with fixed mast external antenna on the smokestack.
- Onboard WiFi: Aegian MFR3 router, 2x Aegian MAP7 access points, Aegian LD-70 high power WiFi system, KVH LTE1 dome antenna with internal Peplink 2 SIM router.
- Onboard intercom phone system: Panasonic KXT DA50G 4×4 hybrid phone system PABX is installed with six (6) Panasonic KXTDT521 phone sets located in pilothouse, galley, master and forward staterooms, utility room, and engine room. This allows for communications between the stations and calling over satellite connection.
- Compasses: Furuno SC 70 satellite compass, Ritchie 4.5” compass on main dash.
- Night Vision:FLIR M625S thermal stabilized camera 640×480.
- Searchlight: Carlisle & Finch 350-watt, Xenon bulb, with LED hybrid and strobe options.
- Lightning Control: Ground system with #2 wire and Forespar wand.
INTERIOR LAYOUT AND DETAILS
Layout: Customized three stateroom layoutwith additional crew accommodations in utility room.
Utility Room: Stainless steel work surface is installed under the crew bunk. Pipe berth, sink and faucet, and mirror above sink are added. Cabinet doors are installed on washer/dryers and freezer.
Wood: Horizontal grain teak with satin finish. Teak and ebony floors throughout except galley and heads, where ceramic tile is installed.
Countertops: Granite counters in galley and heads. Galley has extended aft bar counter. Additionally, granite tops are installed on master cabin dresser and bedside tables, forward cabin dresser, curved cabinet under salon TV and on top of gensep locker.
Pilothouse: Two Stidd chairs, upgraded to chrome package.
Salon: Two upgraded custom Ekornes Stressless recliners with foot stools and Stressless corner table. Salon teak table with adjustable height pedestal and removable leaf.
Additional Accommodations: Working desk convertible to berth with custom mattress is located on main level in passageway to forward cabin. Additional pipe birth is installed above the desk.
Mirrors: Full height mirror in teak frame is installed in the master cabin. Mirrors are installed above master cabin dresser and on forward guest cabin headboard.
Windows: All windows (except for the pilothouse forward ones) have ceramic tint film installed providing comfortable glare and heat reduction and maximum UV protection for inside of the vessel.
Mattresses: Custom HMC mattresses in all cabins.
Carpets: High-end commercial grade carpet was installed by Jeddy’s Interiors in Dana Point, CA.
Steam Shower: Steam Suite Plus 6kW steam shower is installed in the master stateroom ensuite.
GALLEY & HOSPITALITY
Cooktop: Gaggenau CX480100 400 series induction.
Extractor Hood: Gaggenau AF210161.
Dishwasher: Gaggenau DF250141.
Oven: Combi-steam oven Gaggenau BS470101.
Warming Drawer: Gaggenau WS-462-100.
Refrigeration: IntegratedMiele KFN 37672 iD refrigerator. Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer drawers ICBID-30CI. Miele wine chiller KWT6312UGS. In addition, there is a U-Line U-3060FZRINT-00B freezer in the utility room. In the pilothouse, below the settee, there is an Isotherm 24V frost free refrigerator.
Trash Compactor: Krushr 400 with custom teak front panel.
Waste Disposal: Insinkerator Evolution 200 in galley sink.
Water Filtration: Grohe Blue Duo system provides chilled sparkling or still filtered water from U-spout in super steel.
Galley Sink: Upgraded Blanco Precision 18”x33” double basin sink is installed with separate pull-out spray.
Appliance Garage: Appliance garage with tambour door and lighting and electrical outlets is fully lined in granite and houses small appliances such as Nespresso coffee and cappuccino maker, kettle, toaster, blender, etc. URSA comes with a large variety of small household appliances in 220V.
Washer/Dryer: Two (2) Miele washer/dryers WTF130 are located in the utility room.
- Bose Lifestyle 650 home theater system installed in the salon, Bose SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier connected to one pair of Bose 251 speakers in the cockpit and one pair of Bose SE151 speakers on the upper deck.
- Two (2) Bose SoundTouch 30 speakers in the pilothouse.
- Samsung Frame 55″ TV in the salon, Samsung Frame 43″ TVs in master and VIP staterooms.
Anchor: Primary anchor is an Ultra Marine 80 kg with a UFS-16 swivel attached to 500′ of ½” HT chain.
BBQ: Miele electric grill (CS 1312 BG) and electric tepan yaki (CS1327Y) are built into custom cabinetry in the cockpit.
Bimini: The bimini covers the upper aft deck, as well as the port and starboard walkways, which allows the pilothouse doors to be open even in rainy conditions.
Enclosure: Custom Eisenglass enclosure in the cockpit with shade/mosquito mesh fabric panels. Removable shade and privacy mesh fabric panels on upper deck.
Cockpit Heater: Heatstrip electrical radiant heater is installed on cockpit ceiling.
Cockpit Hanging Locker: Full height hanging locker for wet gear with drainage and ventilation is installed in the cockpit.
Salon Hanging Locker: Salon wet hanging locker is modified to be a dry hanging locker with cedar lining.
Capstan: Maxwell Marine VC2500 24v capstan is mounted in the cockpit.
Controls: Mather’s MC2000-1 main engine control in the pilothouse. Mather’s electronic engine controls are fitted on both the starboard and port Portuguese bridge stations and the console in the aft cockpit. Also fitted at each of these stations are the bow and stern thruster jog levers, engine start and stop controls, windlass control and horn.
Davit: Telescoping yacht crane by Steelhead Marine, model ES1500, is mounted on the port side of the foredeck. The davit is equipped with both wired and new generation wireless controller.
Deck Storage Boxes: Two West Marine dock boxes are installed on foredeck under the davit. One West Marine dock box is installed on upper aft deck in removable mounts.
Deck Surfaces: Swim step, cockpit, starboard passageway, foredeck and upper aft deck have non-slip coating.
Doors:All four doors are Dutch-style and have glass in upper and lower panels, all doors have phantom screens (insect screens).
Ladder: A MarQuipt ladder attaches to the port side of the foredeck for easy access to/from the tender when loading it into the water or back onto the foredeck.
Pulpit: Pulpit is widened to allow walkout all the way forward.
Swim Step: The standard swim platform is extended to allow more usable space. Additionally, the swim step was designed with a curved hump underneath which deters “water slapping” while at anchor. Ladder swivels down into the water, and latches in “up position” while underway. Second ladder which can be retrieved from the water is built into swim step railing staple. Pop-up cleats are installed for dinghy or water toys tie-up. Shower head with hot/cold water is located in the cockpit for showering on the swim deck.
Exterior Tables: Cockpit diningtable with stainless supports is located next to FRP bench seat with storage. Another table is located at the large FRP settee (with storage) on upper aft deck. This table can be lowered to form a lounge area.
Tender & Dinghy: Boston Whaler 130 Super Sport in custom removable chokes installed on foredeck. Porta-Bote 14′ folding boat with optional sailing kit is mounted on foredeck railing.
Passive Stabilization at Anchor: Anchoring flopper stoppers are stowed in horizontal position on port and starboard sides. Custom PAE stainless stabilizer are stowed in railing bracket on the foredeck.
Access Rail: Harken access rail with sliding car is added along the edge of top deck to facilitate safe cleaning and maintenance on port side of the vessel.
Accumulator: GROCO 10-gallon accumulator (model PST-3) maintains water pressure on demand so the house water pumps do not activate every time water is requested.
Fresh Water Pressure Pumps: Headhunter “Mach 5” #M5-240, 240V 50Hz.
Back-Up Fresh Water Pump: Headhunter “Mach 5” #M5-240 , 240V 50Hz.
Water Heater: 152 l (40 gallon) for 220-volt, diesel heater, and heat exchanger operation.
Watermaker, Primary: Dometic XZ series combination SeaXchange/Spot Zero fully automated system XZ1200/2000Z with secondary control panel installed on main electrical distribution panel. Primary watermaker is equipped with an additional media filter.
Watermaker, Secondary: Dometic Sea Xchange SX semi-automated SXII600Z watermaker (600 gpd) 240vac – frame unit installed in forward pump room with control panel installed on main electrical distribution panel.
FUEL AND OIL
Fuel Tanks: Two main tanks, two forward tanks, one wing engine tank, and one supply tank total 2,500-gallon capacity. Fuel levels are monitored by the Maretron system and displayed in the pilothouse. Main tanks, wing engine tank, and supply tank have sight gauges in the engine room.
Fuel Filter/Separators: Racor filter/separators are installed for all major equipment: 900MA for main engine (dual filters) and wing engine; 500MA for the two generators and the diesel furnace. Filters are fitted with vacuum gauges and Racor petcock drains at the bases.
Fuel Transfer Pump: UpgradedOberdorfer N991-32-A97 (240 gph) with large Racor 1000 filter.
Oil Change System: PAE standard system hard plumbed into both engines and both generators.
Water Detection Sensor and Alarm: Racor water detection panel in the main distribution panel receives signals from the water detectors on the fuel supply reservoir tank and from the reservoir sump; the alarm will alert the operator to any problems here.
Black & Gray Tank Water: Sealand T24 electric discharge pumps with manual backup Whale Seaward BP0527 discharge pumps installed in line. Tank levels are monitored in the pilothouse on the Maretron system, as well as by Dometic display on the control panel in the main passageway.
Toilets: Macerating toilets by Tecma (Silence Plus model with bidet add-on).
Thru-Hulls: All raw water through-hulls, seacocks, and strainers have been upgraded to Groco with monel baskets.
Air Conditioning: CRUISAIR remote compressor system equipped with SoftStart and SMX controls throughout the living areas. All A/C condensate drains are routed to the grey tank.
Heating: For cold climates, theOlympia diesel heater – units in pilothouse, salon, all cabins and heads. Heater system plumbed through a heat exchanger for engine supplemental heating. Heating system plumbed for constant domestic water heating – includes pilothouse window defroster. For milder climates, the CRUISAIR has a reverse cycle for heating and aux heat strips. Electric heated floors in three heads and galley – Step Warm floor system.
Fans: 24V Caframo Sirocco II fans are installed in all cabins and pilothouse.
Exterior Lights: LED. Osculati Aurora pop-up lights installed on upper deck settee.
Deck Flood Lights: Two GoLight GLX LED floodlights are installed facing forward, two aft, and one each on port and starboard sides. Forward, aft, and side lights are grouped on separate breakers.
House Lights: Lighting throughout the interior is LED.
Searchlight: Carlisle & Finch 350-watt, Xenon bulb, with LED hybrid and strobe options.
Underwater Lights:5 x SV19 LED underwater lights.
Fire Systems: The engine room and lazarette are each outfitted with Sea-Fire Marine fire suppression systems (FD1300M and FD1050M) and are designed for automatic or manual operation, with relay box to shut down main engine, generator and engine room fans if discharged. Fire extinguishers are located in each room, and smoke alarms have been added to each room as well.
Ditch Bag: Waterproof bag with EPIRB and variety of flares, rockets, smoke and other signals.
Liferaft: Viking RescuPro 8-person in hard case with hydrostatic release installed on top of the pilothouse.
MAINTENANCE AND SPARES
Before commissioning, URSA was enrolled into Wheelhouse Program (now Vessel Vanguard PRO) which provides ease of access to all the manuals and boat documents, tracks on board spares inventory, provides maintenance reminders and keeps maintenance records. Extensive spares and consumables inventory supplied by SeaKits (part of Wheelhouse) is on board. An extensive assortment of tools, required to carry out ongoing maintenance and repair tasks, is provided.
Paint & Colors: Hull is Arocoat #340 Grey. Deck: Ferro White. Custom waterline boot striping is Arocoat #348 Dark Blue. URSA was completely waxed in January 2022 and hauled out in February 2022 to renew bottom paint.