Ranger Tugs 25 “Laurelin”
|Model||Ranger Tugs 25|
|Designer||Dave Livingston/Ranger Tugs|
|Engine – Main (hours)||Yanmar 4YB2FWC 150hp diesel (960 hrs)|
|Cruise Speed||8-12 knots|
|Max Speed||14 knots|
|Fuel||75 US gals.|
|Water||30 US gals.|
|Holding Tank||30 US gals.|
|Location||Dana Point, CA|
The Ranger Tugs 25 is a veritable floating water sports platform from her “roof racks” to the waterline. Laurelin is a very nicely equipped version of this very popular Ranger Tugs model, making her a great family cruiser. Given her trailer-ability (no trailer included), your cruising destinations can be widely varied, from the Inside Passage of the Northwest to the Island rich coast of Maine.
The interior teak joinerwork is well crafted teak, including the cabin sole. The interior arrangement is versatile and can be configured to accommodate up to four people with multi-function seating and sleeping arrangements, making it the perfect family cruiser
The salon includes the helm station, galley, and dinette. It is very light and airy given four opening hatches overhead, four opening windows and two fixed windows in the cabin sides, wind screens across the forward cabin face, and four opening hatches above. The windows are fitted with accordion blinds. The aft cabin door also has a full height window.
There is an upholstered helm chair within a comfortable reach of the wheel and dash mounted electronics, including electrical switch panels.
In the center of the salon area, the dining table is to port with opposing settees. The galley is across from it to starboard, and is fitted with a stainless-steel sink, Nova Kool refrigerator, and an impressive Wallas diesel stove. Wallas stoves are efficient and easy to clean.
Included among the many storage compartments onboard is a hanging locker area aft and to port in the salon.
The forward cabin consists of a double vee berth, and storage bins. There are also stereo speakers for the Clarion sound system. An overhead hatch brings in light and fresh air.
In the center of the salon area, the dining table is to port with opposing settees. The dining table and settees are convertible for sleeping.
Having full command of the operation of the boat is made easy by the design and layout of the wheel and navigation instrumentation neatly installed in the helm station. The wheel, engine control, bow and stern thruster controls, nav instruments, and electrical system breakers, are all within easy reach of the helm seat. The visibility is great for the operator given the large wind screens with wipers.
There is an enclosed head aft that is also convenient to the cockpit. In it there is a marine toilet, shower, vanity with sink/euro-style shower, mirror and medicine cabinet. An overhead hatch and opening portlight provide plenty of light and ventilation. The floor consists of an easy to maintain fiberglass molded pan.
The engine is a Yanmar 4YB2FWC (960 hrs.) is a fresh water cooled engine. Yanmar has long been known for reliability, durability and would be the preferred power for the Ranger Tugs. Parts and service for Yanmar are widely available. There is a multi-function Yanmar digital read-out.
The fuel tank capacity is 75 gallons in an aluminum tank.
Side-Power bow and stern thrusters for easy and accurate handling in and out of the marina. There is also a set of trim tabs.
- 2 ea. Lifeline AGM house batteries
- 120-volt, 30-amp Shorepower system.
- 50 foot, 30-amp Shorepower cord
- 3ea. interior AC duplex outlets
- Garmin 24″ radar/chart plotter
- US Pacific coast charts
- Garmin GHC 10 multifunction display includes depth and speed.
- Garmin VHF 200 radio
- Clarion Stereo CD player with four speakers – two are in the forward cabin and two in the salon.
- 30 gallon freshwater tank
- 30 gallon blackwater tank
- Electric bilge pump with high water alarm
- Salwater wash spigot in cockpit
Deck Gear and Features
- Trawler mast with radar dome mount and flag halyard
- Lewmar electric anchor windlass with remote switch in pilothouse
- Double trumpet horn
- 100’of 3/8″ BBB anchor chain, plus rope for a total of 200’ of anchor rode
- Self-launching plow-type bow anchor with stainless steel articulating anchor roller
- Stern anchor and rode
- 25″ Swim platform with dinghy mounts,
- Stainless steel swim steps
- Fishing rod holders – clamp-on
- Cockpit “Bimini” top with stainless steel collapsible framework
- Magma “Newport” style gas Barbecue.
- ACR Searchlight with remote on flybridge and wheelhouse
- Storage box and custom SS frame to store anchor flopper stoppers below box
- Custom high density Sunbrella seat pads over cockpit seat lockers
- Boat hook
- 8′ West Marine tender 2022 model
- 3.5hp Mercury outboard for tender
- Chocks on swim step for tender storage – uninstalled
- Extra stainless hand holds throughout vessel
- Bow eye for trailering
- Lifejackets, signaling devices and other safety gear onboard
- Personal effects
Specifications are provided for informational purposes only. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds; capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agree to instruct his agent/s to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.