Tashiba 36 Cutter – ANAM CARA
|Model:||Tashiba 36 Cutter|
|Engine Model:||4JHE (44HP)|
|Drive Type:||Direct Drive|
|Cruise Speed:||6 kts.|
|Max Speed:||7.5 kts.|
|Fuel:||75 gal. (1) tank|
|Water:||98 gal. (2) tanks|
ANAM CARA is a beautiful example of the Bob Perry-designed Tashiba 36. Built by the renowned Ta Shing boatyard in Taiwan, the Tashiba 36 was an updated, improved version of Perry’s original Baba 35. Along with the Tashiba 31 (similarly upgraded version of the original Baba 30), Perry considered these designs the very best of his full keel offerings. These are performance cruising sailboats, being stiff, well-balanced, close-winded & remarkably fast, even in lighter breezes.
ANAM CARA has been lightly used over her life in Northwest waters, well-maintained & periodically updated by her current & former owners. She’s a lovely boat inside & out, nicely outfitted for extensive Northwest cruising, and has the capability for world cruising in safety, comfort & elegance.
- Master stateroom has a large V-berth w/ split mattress & access forward to the divided chain locker.
- Tremendous storage under & outboard, as well as (2) large hanging lockers to port.
- (1) overhead hatch w/ screen plus (3) opening ports provide ventilation in this area.
- Next aft to starboard is the lovely bathroom w/ separate stall shower.
- Bathroom has a stainless steel vanity sink in a marble countertop; on-demand hot/cold water plus a brass manual FW pump (hand & foot); generous storage.
- Dorade ventilator & (1) opening port provide ventilation in the bathroom area.
- Amidships is the warm & spacious main cabin.
- Straight settee to port & L-shape settee to starboard – gorgeous, large inlaid teak table on an adjustable bronze pedestal base.
- Water tanks outboard under settees; storage under starboard settee return, behind seatback & outboard against the hull.
- Aft-facing nav desk aft to starboard w/ settee seating.
- (4) opening ports & a large (beautiful!) overhead teak butterfly hatch w/ screens provide light & ventilation for the main cabin area.
- Aft-most in the boat to starboard is a private guest stateroom w/ large double berth; generous storage under & outboard; ventilation from (2) opening ports & a Dorade ventilator.
- Opposite to port is a beautiful, sea-going galley w/ exceptional storage & counter space.
- (2) opening ports, a Dorade ventilator & the companionway hatch provide ventilation in the galley area.
- On centerline is the companionway, w/ removable steps & box for engine access. Spare parts & supplies storage locker behind the companionway steps.
- Companionway entry has removable, louvered, teak doors plus a set of teak drop boards.
Electronics & Navigation:
- Raymarine C120 chart plotter mounts in a bracket under the cockpit dodger (2006).
- Raymarine 4kw radome mounted on the mast – views on plotter screen (2006).
- ICOM IC-M120 marine VHF radio plus an ICOM BC-166 handheld VHF radio w/ docking port.
- RayMarine Ev-200 Evolution below-decks autopilot w/ p70 controls head mounted at the binnacle (2016).
- Standard Horizon DS w/ alarms & Raymarine KM/log mounted in pods at the pedestal.
- Raymarine AWI/AWS wind display mounted under the plotter bracket in the cockpit (2006), plus WINDEX mounted at the masthead.
- New panel display back-board at the nav station (2019)
- Ritchie 5″ Powerdamp compass at the binnacle.
- Weems & Plath clock & barometer set; brass inclinometer.
- JVC KD-DV5100 AM/FM/CD/DVD stereo system w/ Sirius capability (2007).
- Freiberger Drum-Sextant in wood case mounted in the aft stateroom.
- MONITOR self-steering wind vane – complete system – currently stored off the boat, hardly used.
- 12V DC and 110V AC systems w/ Bass hinged electrical panel.
- Panel has gauges for DC Volts/Amperes; AC Volts/Amperes; and circuit breakers w/ indicator lights.
- Xantrex LinkPro battery system monitor.
- MASTERVOLT ChargeMaster 12/50-3 battery charger (2016).
- 90A high output alternator w/ new Blue Sea Max smart alternator regulator (2011).
- (6) SeaGel 98AH marine batteries for house service (2011); dedicated engine starting battery w/ emergency parallel switch.
- Hubbell 30A shorepower connector w/ 50′ shore power cord.
- (3) 12V plug-in ports at the nav desk.
- Red night-running/courtesy lights at floor level w/ switch at companionway.
- Chromed halogen interior lights (2007).
- Spreader lights.
Mechanical & Systems:
- Yanmar 4-cylinder FWC 44HP – recent full service (3/19) including re-built raw water pump; new thermostat; oil and filters; heat exchanger serviced; valves adjusted; raw water strainer serviced; and all cooling hoses replaced.
- RACOR 500FG primary fuel filter.
- Prop shaft & cutlass bearing renewed (2007).
- Hot/cold on-demand pressure water at galley & head; pumps for fresh water system & shower sump renewed (2007).
- WEMA gauge for water tanks at nav station.
- Double deep stainless steel sinks at the galley w/ a new single-lever brass fixture w/ integral sprayer (2019).
- (2) brass manual hand pumps at the galley sink also operate w/ foot pedals.
- American Appliance 10-gallon stainless steel hot water tank w/ AC elements & engine heat exchange.
- Manual marine toilet renewed (2007) w/ Y-valve, deck pump-out port & Guzzler manual holding tank pump-out.
- HI-SEAS Marine M-50 diesel-fired cabin heater w/ 12V pulse pump.
- Force 10 3-burner/stove/oven/broiler w/ Marinetics LPG remote solenoid switch control panel.
- Adler Barber 12V Cold Machine in the large divided ice box – top load both sides plus front load on the fridge side.
- Automatic 12V bilge pump w/ float switch, plus manual bilge pump located in the cockpit.
- Laminated spruce bowsprit w/ heavy teak bow platform with integrated anchor rollers; cransiron w/ bobstay & whisker stays.
- Lofrans Tigres 12V 1500W anchor windlass mounted on a stainless steel bracket over the aft end of the bowsprit w/ UP & DOWN foot switches (2016).
- 45# CQR primary anchor w/ 250′ (estimated) 5/16 G4 chain & 35# CQR secondary anchor w/ 30′ 5/16 chain & 200′ (estimated) 5/8 nylon rode – store in rollers on the bow platform.
- Teak stern platform/pushpit (inside the pulpit) w/ a Danforth S1300 lunchhook anchor; reel w/ chain & rode; Forespar Nova Lift davit for the outboard motor; Magma stainless steel B-B-Q; and LifeSling.
- (6) bronze hawse fairleads through the bulwarks for mooring lines w/ (6) stainless steel cleats.
- (4) dorade ventilators w/ teak boxes & stainless steel cowls – (2) forwardmost have stainless steel guards.
- (13) bronze opening ports; teak butterfly hatch over the salon; aluminum overhead hatch over the forward stateroom.
- Teak, folding side-boarding ladder; teak cockpit table.
- Full set BottomSiders cockpit cushions.
- The cockpit offers good protection w/ high coamings, comfortable seating, relatively small well w/ good draining, a shallow locker to starboard, a deep locker to port & two additional lockers further aft, one for storage & one for safe volatiles storage.
- Cockpit dodger w/ stainless steel frame & side grab-bars; bimini top w/ connector to dodger & side enclosure curtains – (canvas 2006 & later).
- Canvas covers for the winches; butterfly hatch; companionway hatch turtle; mainsail; forward overhead hatch – (canvas 2006 & later).
- ManShip stainless steel pedestal w/ teak-rimmed steering wheel; stainless steel pedestal guard; and Edson instrument pods.
- MONITOR self-steering wind vane – complete system – currently stored off the boat, hardly used.
Sails & Rigging:
- Keel-stepped, single-spreader, cutter-rigged spar system.
- Extruded aluminum mast & boom (believed by Forespar) are painted w/ LPU.
- 1 x 19 stainless steel wire rigging – all renewed except lowers (2006).
- Running rigging is braided dacron – (renewed 2007).
- Selden mechanical backstay adjuster; solid stainless steel boom vang (2007).
- Harken adjustable mainsheet traveller system (2007).
- Harken headsail roller furling system (2007).
- Forespar carbon fiber/aluminum whisker pole stores on mast (2007).
- Running backstays; lazy jacks (2007); spinnaker halyard.
- Quick release lever for inner forestay.
- Lewmar winches including: (2) 43CST primaries; (1) 40CST housetop for mainsheet; (2) 16CST housetop for staysail; (1) 16CST reefing on mast under the boom; (2) 16CST & (1) 30CST halyard on the mast.
- Neil Pryde sails in Tanbark including: Mainsail w/ full battens & (3) sets of reef points; 135% furling genoa; staysail hank-on; storm staysail hank-on; high-cut yankee for headstay hank-on. All sails in good usable condition.
Major Service Haulout 2016:
- New Lofrans 12V windlass installed.
- New RayMarine below-decks autopilot installed.
- New MasterVolt 50A charger installed.
- Standard Horizon DS & KM serviced to proper operation.
- RayMarine AWI/AWS & plotter serviced to proper operation.
- Engine remote-solenoid shutoff serviced to proper operation.
- WEMA gauge for water tanks serviced to proper operation.
- Hull underbody thoroughly cleaned & anti-fouling paint applied; new zincs installed; hull topsides waxed
- All new varnish for exterior teak trim.
Recent Service Haulout 2019:
- Fresh anti-fouling paint applied and zincs renewed.
- Additional varnish applied on exterior teak trim.
- Extensive engine service work.
- Checked and confirmed operation of tank gauges; CO and smoke detectors; LPG stove.
- Galley sink fixture replaced w/ high-rise fawcet w/ integral sprayer – brass finish.
- Nav station display panel backer updated.
- Hull topsides, and all smooth gelcoat surfaces within the bulwarks professionally detailed.
Purchase will include all parts, spares & gear specific to the physical operation of the vessel, that are stored on board, and which may not be listed in the Full Specs presentation.
Purchase will not include personal items, such as clothing, bedding, books, paper charts, artwork, galley items, charting tools, handheld navigation aids, personal safety devices, etc. that may currently be on board.