Nordhavn 46 MOBY DICK
|Displacement||60,000lbs (27.2 MT)|
|Cruising speed||7.4 knots|
|Max Speed||8.7 knots|
|Colour||Flag blue hull with ivory superstructure|
|Main Engine||Lugger L668D 105hp- Hours: 1875|
|Wing Engine||Yanmar 3YM30AE- Hours: approx 10|
|Generator(s)||6KWh Northern Lights. Hours: 2280|
|Fuel Tank||1,000 gals / 3785 L|
|Water tank||280 gals / 1060 L|
|Currently Lying||Inverkip, Scotland|
Moby Dick is a classic Nordhavn 46, built to 220–240-volt 50hz specification, she was introduced into Europe before the CE ruling and has spent the last couple of years on the West coast of Scotland being diligently cared for by her current owner. She holds two double staterooms, both with en-suite heads, a spacious saloon with open galley and pilothouse with settee and raised watch berth. The combination of her low profile and steadfast durability makes her the perfect vessel for both serious offshore cruising and the exploration of inland waterways.
Extras to the standard specification include a more powerful Sidepower SE210/250TC 24 volt bow thruster installed in 2021, 6kw generator, 2500watt inverter, fuel transfer and polishing system, water maker and engine room fire suppression system (updated in 2021)
Moby Dick is offered for sale having recently been fitted with various upgrades and additions by her current owner. Most notably a new Yanmar wing engine, overhaul of the Najad stabilizer system and new galley appliances. As a precaution, all four main fuel tanks have been professionally drained, access hatches opened, interiors cleaned and inspected and refilled. She is in superb condition for a boat of her age and offers a prospective buyer a truly rare opportunity to purchase one of very few Nordhavn 46’s built.
*UK VAT PAID*
- 3 Cruisair air conditioning systems with reverse cycle operation – located in pilothouse, saloon, and cabins.
- Teak Flooring
- Two Double cabins with en-suites
- Pilothouse with watch berth
- Plexi Glass storm windows for port and starboard Saloon windows (un-used)
- Teak decks
- Teak swim platform with stainless steel rails and swim ladder
- Extra boarding door added to access swim platform.
- Hydraulic stainless steel/ teak passarelle with remote and cockpit controls
- Large Aft and Foredeck
- Spacious saloon
- Six (6) large opening windows
- Windows are dressed with blinds
- Large sliding door aft opens to cockpit.
- Blue upholstered settee starboard
- L shaped Blue upholstered settee to port with room to seat four at the dining table
- Upgraded chrome lights have been added to the saloon.
- LG TV- NEW 2021
- Additional 220 V power sockets.
- Open galley forward portside of the saloon
- Electric 4 plate ceramic hob
- Stainless steel Hoover refrigerator- NEW 2021
- Stainless steel Hoover freezer- NEW 2021
- Panasonic Microwave/ multifunction cooker- NEW 2021
- Broan trash compactor
- Corean countertops with corean cover for galley sink.
- Starboard of the galley a stairway leads below to the accommodation.
- Midship arrangement
- Double berth
- Hanging lockers
- Storage lockers
- Access to Engine room
- Groco K electric head
- Large shower with ITT PAR belt driven shower sump pump
- Sink with Grohe faucets
- Large guest cabin
- Double berth to Port
- Upholstered settee to starboard.
- Storage drawers underneath berth, and lockers above and to the side
- Port lights and deck hatches
- En-suite head forward of cabin
- Groco K manual head
- Shower with TTT PAR belt driven sump pump
- Sink with Grohe faucets.
- A raised settee with table aft of helm position
- Watch berth above settee which can be used as an additional berth whilst in port.
- Folding chart table
- Combined washer/dryer space- currently fitted out as additional storage space with fiddled
- Suite of Electronic instrument- including a Robertson Simrad AP35 Auto Pilot, Furuna Nav Net Chart Plotter and Radar, charts updated 2021. A full list of electronic equipment is available upon request.
- Richie 5” Compass
- CD player and speakers
- Main tender – Avon 310 RIB with a 20Hp Yamaha outboard –NEW Battery 2022
- Tender is located on stainless steel chocks.
- Dinghy launch system.
- GRP storage box for fenders and lines
- Two (2) Stainless steel L shaped guard rails wrap around aft deck.
- Large foredeck
- Custom made bow ladder.
- GRP storage box for fenders and lines
- Maxwell 24v VWC 3500 windlass with remote and cockpit control
- Freeman deck hatch over anchor locker
- ROCNA 40Kg main anchor with 120m 3/8 chain
- Secondary anchor – 40lbs Danforth with 30m chain
- Flopper stopper rig for use at anchor
- Teak deck in cockpit and walkway
- Walkway with boarding door to starboard leads up to the foredeck
- Space in the cockpit for a small table and chairs
- Boarding door to Port
- Additional boarding door aft opens to extended swim platform.
- Stainless steel frame with canvas canopy extends over the cockpit for sun protection.
- Life raft- REPLACED 2021
- EPIRB- REPLACED 2021
- Portable extinguishes- NEW 2021
Recent service work:
- Engines – Replaced Air filter housing and filter on Lugger, replaced defective engine high temperature sensor. Oil and Filter changes to all engines- Sept 2022.
- Bilges etc- Replaced both bilge pump level sensors and checked for proper operation, Bilges cleaned.
- Dinghy Hoist- Cables replaced, refurbished contactors and checked operation.
- Professionally installed separate 240v system to operate when all boat systems are shut down (to allow for anti-frost heating when boat systems are off)
- New 240v Hubbel intake
- New RIB battery installed during service.
- Re-fitted former Washer Dryer space to provide safe storage for parts etc (Washer/dryer service connections remain)
- Fitted external removable canvas covers.
- Installed new Panasonic Microwave/ Multi-Function cooker.
- Installed new LG TV in saloon.
- Replaced leaking oil pump on Najad system with new Najad/ Vickers unit (Old pump as spare requires re-build and new seals)
- General continuous maintenance as required.
- Lift out for under water inspection, anode replacements, folding prop maintenance, anti-foul, etc. carried out in- September 2022
- Annual re-varnishing- March 2023
MACHINERY AND ENGINE ROOM
- Lugger L668D 134Kw main engine
- Yanmar 3YM30AE 27hp wing engine- NEW 2021 (Approx 10 Hours)
- 6 KWH Northern Lights Generator in sound box
- Sidepower SE210 /250TC bow thrusters 24V system. – NEW 2021
- Najad active fin stabilizer model 201, 6 square feet fins SERVICED/ FIN SEALS REPLACED 2021
- 2500-watt trace inverter with 130 AMP battery charging
- Extra automatic bilge pump with sensor
- Fuel transfer system with pump, scrubbing filter and pressurised supply manifold.
- Racor duplex fuel filters
- Water maker 90 l/h (currently un-used, will require re-commissioning)
- Fire suppression system- UPDATED 2021
- Eight (8) 200-amp gel batteries
- Electrical systems on European standard (220V) shore power cable and plugs.
FRESH WATER SYSTEM
- 2 metal water tanks totalling approximately 280 gallons.
- Baffled tanks have inspection plates.
- ITT PAR belt driven pump with Sureflo accumulator tank.
- Quest PVC freshwater hose for all interior runs.
- SS freshwater manifold
- 2 x ITT PAR belt driven bilge pumps with high- and low-level suction points and pneumatic actuation.
- EDSON High-capacity manual bilge pump
- Number and capacity: 4 tanks totaling at least 1,000 gallons.
- 4 Steel tanks with inspection plates on each tank and fitted with sight level tubes and baffled 24″ centres.
- SS fuel supply and return manifolds.
- Electrical distribution panel
- Emergency battery shut and parallel panel for all house and engine batteries.
- Bow thruster and Windlass emergency shut off switch and panel
- Inverter with remote panel
- Marinco 63 CM 72 50-amp 2 pole 3 wire
- 2 x Solar panels (each 1m x 1.6 m) located on wheelhouse roof, connected to VICTRON MPPT 75/50 solar charging unit.
- 2 4Ds and 2 8Ds for house power
- 1 8D for main engine starting.
- 24v for bow thruster and windlass
- Furuno Navnet I Radar/plotter with 3ft open array
- Robertson AP35 Autopilot
- Autohelm instruments
- GP32 GPS
- Icom IC-M505 VHF
- Raytheon loudhailer
- Firdell Blipper
- Two (2) Solar panels
- Echopilot FLS
- LG TV in the saloon
- Sony radio and CD player in saloon
The company offers the detail for this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.