Nordhavn 63 ASTURIAS
|PAE (Jeff Leishman)
|John Deere 6090AFM75 325HP
|Fresh Water Tankage:
|Black Water Tankage:
|Gray Water Tankage:
|North Palm Beach, FL
Asturias is an exceptionally well-equipped and professionally maintained Nordhavn 63. She has been captain maintained since new. She currently sits in North Palm Beach, FL awaiting a new owner and new adventures.
Asturias Cruising Features:
- John Deere 6090AFM75, 330hp, keel cooled, dry stack (approx. 4154 hours)
- John Deere 4045TFM85 HE 24V Diesel “Wing Engine” – 100 hp @ 2400 RPM (approx. 440 hours)
- Complete ABT TRAC hydraulic package
- Primary and secondary Northern-Lights generators, bow thruster, stern thruster, TRAC stabilizers, anchor wash and crash pumps
- Cruisair Remote compressor HVAC system
- Two ea. Village Marine 600GPD watermaker
- Bauer Junior II dive compressor
- Stacked Victron Quattro inverters deliver 220-volts
- Victron multi-frequency battery chargers accept 50/60hz power
Enter through the cockpit/aft salon Dutch door into the salon. The salon floor is teak and spruce which gives a warm and inviting feel. The three-piece dining table and settee are to starboard, and the joinerwork that includes the TV lift and audio/visual component storage are to port.
The open galley is just forward of the salon and is equipped with nothing but the highest quality appliances. This area is open to the salon allowing chef to be apart what is happening in the salon.
Just forward of the dining area are stairs up to the wheelhouse. Forward of the stairs is access to the utility room and engine room, as well as the hallway leading to the main electrical distribution panel, master and guest staterooms, and pantry.
First in the hallway to port is the master stateroom with queen bed and bath ensuite. Just across the hall is the first guest cabin that included 90 degree offset over under single bunks.
Just forward of the master stateroom is the guest/day head. This is a full head equipped with a FRP shower.
Access to the forward guest stateroom is all the way forward. The guest stateroom includes a two single beds, one port and one starboard with pipe berths above for extra overflow guests. There is ample storage above and below both bunks.
A hatch in the forward cabin sole accesses the forward machinery space containing plumbing and mechanical systems, including hydraulic components, watermaker, hot water heater and pumps.
Back to the stairway access down to the utility room, which is forward of the engine room, there’s a separate washer and dryer, an additional freezer, locker and drawer storage, a vanity with sink, a single berth for overflow sleeping, and the engine room door with a window.
Back up the circular staircase to the salon, and immediately aft, are the steps up to the wheelhouse. Within the pilothouse of Asturias there are two Stidd helm chairs, a comfortable “L” shaped settee for guests to watch all the action. Aft of this settee is an additional guest cabin with a full head as well.
Forward of the Stidd helm chairs is the full beam dash and the port and starboard chart tables. This area is the perfect operating location and dash equipment has been extremely well thought out.
The asymmetrical interior layout takes full advantage of Asturias’s 18-foot beam, while still providing enough space for a secure side-deck with a deep bulwark on the starboard side.
Entering from the cockpit through the aft salon door you’ll notice the vertical grain cherry wood. The salon is furnished with an L-shaped, Ultraleather-covered dinette to starboard and a matching tub style chair that can be positioned to suit. To the port is a matching settee with a 3-piece high gloss cherry wood dinette table. The flooring is teak and spruce. Lots of natural light enters through numerous vast windows on both sides and the aft bulkhead. The aft Dutch door also has upper and lower windows.
- 3-piece high gloss cherry wood dinette table with removable center leaf
- Crescent shaped settee with Ultraleather upholstery, seating for four to five
- There are two matching ottomans that can double as extra seating at the dinette table
- Multiple windows for light and viewing while seated in the salon
- Custom shades on all windows
- Aft Dutch door for ventilation has windows above and below
- Two ea. overhead stainless steel handrails
The salon joins the galley at its forward end. The galley is open to the salon allowing for easy socializing between the chef and guests. The galley includes all the high-end appliances necessary for creating gourmet meals. Two Sub-Zero refrigerators with freezer drawers and icemakers, along with an additional freezer in the utility room, provide plenty of cold storage for long passages.
- GE induction cooktop and oven
- GE microwave and convection oven
- Two ea. Sub-Zero refrigerators with two freezer drawers, two of which have icemakers
- Bosch ultra-quiet dishwasher
- GE trash compactor
- Caesarstone countertop
The master stateroom has a queen bed and a large amount of storage distributed between lockers and drawers.
Two oval portlights allow natural light in, and stainless steel deadlights allow for complete privacy. There are reading lights on either side of the bed, and a full height dressing mirror on the inboard bulkhead. Teak and spruce flooring finishes out the beautiful master cabin.
The ensuite master head includes a granite topped vanity with a ceramic sink and Hans Grohe fixtures.
The toilet is a Tecma “Silence Plus” freshwater flush version. Each toilet has an integral macerator so that evacuating the blackwater tank is much easier and reduces the chance of clogging anywhere in the plumbing.
Guest (Forward) Stateroom:
- Two ea. single bunks port and starboard
- Two ea. pull out pipe berths above each bunk
- Two ea. overhead hatches fitted with Oceanaire insect and shade screens
- Four ea. opening portlights allowing for natural light
- Plenty of drawer and locker space including a half-height hanging locker
- Access hatch to the forward machinery space
- Teak and spruce flooring
Guest (Midship) Stateroom:
- Two ea. single bunks, over/under at a 90 degree offset
- One ea. opening portlight allowing for natural light
- Teak and spruce flooring
The wheelhouse settee is a great gathering place while underway and really allows everyone to be involved in the entire cruising experience. The wheelhouse cabin and full head with shower are a great addition to this space.
The settee can accommodate 4-5 guests all while allowing for great views out all the wheelhouse windows.
Twin Stidd helm chairs add the convenience of easy conversation and an extra pair of eyes on the water and the navigation instruments. Radar, plotter, cameras, depth and other nav information are displayed beautifully on three monitors.
Redundancy is present for all the essential information for safe navigation. This dash layout has been very well thought out with all essential components within an arm’s reach.
The sole is teak and spruce.
The head is located aft and to starboard, and is a great convenience while underway, and to accommodate guests onboard. The shower has plenty of headroom and has an opening hatch overhead.
There are three control stations: port and starboard “wing” stations just outside the pilothouse allow a view along the full length of the boat, and is the most efficient location to dock this vessel. The aft station in the cockpit offers another option when backing in to slip. All stations are equipped with thruster controls, main engine control, engine start and stop buttons, and an anchor windlass control.
The long foredeck easily accommodates up to about a 16 foot tender. The Steelhead 2,500 lb. capacity davit extends from 11′ to 16″ to easily handle the tenders.
The deck aft of the wheelhouse is great for entertaining. It is covered from the elements by a stainless steel framed awning and wrapped with navy blue stamoid material. The settee on this deck is another great place for relaxing, dining or just simply enjoying the view.
Asturias is configured with a single main propulsion engine, and an auxiliary single “wing engine”. The John Deere main engine is keel cooled with a dry stack exhaust. The John Deere wing engine is raw water cooled. This engine package is extremely efficient and is common on Nordhavns up to 76 feet.
- Main Engine
- John Deere 6090AFM75, 330hp, keel cooled, dry stack. (approx. 4,154 hrs.)
- ZF W325 reduction gear
- Clutched PTO for hydraulics
- 5-blade prop, 41″D x 31.5″
- Spurs line cutter on shaft
- Wing Engine
- Approx. 447 hours
- John Deere 4045TFM85 rated at 100hp
- ZF 631V 2.477:1 V-drive transmission
- Morse cable controls in
- PTO with second hydraulic pump mounted
- ZF-63-IV reduction gear
- Gori folding prop, 24″D x 17″ 3-blade
- Because it is used for hydraulic system pressure, the wing engine is run regularly
- Generators (primary) Northern Lights 20kW (6,411 hours)
- Generator (secondary) Northern Lights 9kW (1,017 hours)
- Full hydraulic system by ABT
- 10″ 25hp bow and stern thrusters, continuous duty
- Hydraulic windlass with full 3,500 (4,000) lb. lift capacity
- Hydraulic anchor wash pump with fixed nozzle below anchor roller also has a Y-valve for 180 gal/min bilge pump function
- Hydraulic 180 gal/min emergency bilge pump with pick up in engine room bilge
- ABT 300 series stabilizers
- Passive “flopper-stopper” at-anchor anti-roll system
- Underway hydraulic power is off main engine transmission PTO pump
- Wing engine has PTO for supplementing hydraulic system pressure
- Full hydraulic system ensures that the wing engine is run on a regular basis
- On Deck
- Steelhead davit on foredeck, upgraded to CT2500 11′ retracted, extends to 16′
- Extended swim platform with staple rails, dive ladder and boarding ladder
- Deck covers cockpit
- Drip awnings over doors port and starboard
- Maxwell 4000 hydraulic windlass
- 400 ft of ½” chain, painted every 50 feet
- Bow eye for lowering anchor rode scope angle or tethering an anchor bridle
- Chain counters at flybridge helms. Includes automatic deploy and recovery.
- Maxwell chain stopper/lock
- Bow roller with machined groove to maintain chain alignment, and flat for anchor shank for proper parking of anchor
- Foredeck raise/lower windlass controls
- Ultraleather settee fabric
- Two ottomans
- Custom window shades
- TV lift
- Teak and spruce floor
- Pilothouse Level
- Cabin behind pilothouse with double bed, locker, drawers
- Full head with shower
- Pilothouse settee with table and book case
- Bonded windows with FRP trim. No metal frames.
- Utility Room
- Asko washer
- Asko dryer
- Norcold freezer
- Granite topped vanity with sink
- Engine Room and Fuel System
- Custom designed ventilation system that maintains between 20-25 degrees rise over ambient
- Upgraded higher capacity fuel transfer pump
- Upgraded fuel transfer filter
- 10-gal wing engine fuel tank, filled via transfer system
- Access plate for supply tank maintenance
- Enhanced exhaust system mounting and flex coupling
- Oil change system with manifold and valve connections to main engine and gear, wing engine and gear, and generator. Extract and fill via 5 gal pails for quick, no mess oil changes.
- Accessible through large hatch in cockpit also from engine room – Seafire FD1050 fire suppression system – pull cable in salon
- Access to steering system components
- House battery bank
- Victron inverters and battery chargers
- High current DC buss and battery disconnect switches
- Four additional Lifeline 8D house batteries
- Generator Service
- 20kW Northern Lights primary generator
- 9kW Northern Lights secondary generator
- Generators can be operated in single or dual configuration by selection at distribution panels
- Water System
- 600 gal freshwater fiberglass tank
- Two ea. 120VAC Headhunter Mach 5 water pumps with Groco accumulator tank
- 40-gal hot water heater with 1) electric heat, 2) heat form main engine while under way, and 3) heat from diesel furnace when in operation
- Tempering water valve on hot water heater for scald protection
- Pressure regulator valve for house water supply
- Additional pressure regulator valve for Tecma toilet system
- Data display on phone or iPad. Useful for remotely monitoring tank levels while fueling.
- Williams 400 Sport Jet tender
- Portland Pudgy sailing tender
- Seafire FD 1300M fire suppression system in engine room
- Seafire FD 1050M fire suppression system in lazarette
- Handheld fire extinguishers per US Coast Guard compliance
- Life jackets
- Throwable flotation device
- 180 gal/min. hydraulically driven pacer “crash pump”
- 180 gal/min. hydraulically driven anchor wash pump can be valved if bilge pump in forward compartment
- Jabsco electric main bilge pump in engine room
- Rule 3700 submersible “high-water” bilge pump with Ultra Float switch sensor connected to audible alarm
- Survitec 6-person liferaft –mounted on deck in cradle with hydrostatic release
- Exclusions: tools, artwork, personal effects
Disclaimer: The company offers the detail for this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.